Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

Restore Corrupted File

Guest WorkingStiff

Can someone tell me how to extact a single file from the FS CD?My facilities.dll file seems corrupted and I'd like to extract this file from a copy of my CDs.Alternately, can someone send me a copy of their facilities.dll?

hi. you should be able to do a "find files" search of the cd to find the item, then extract to the location of the bad file and click yes when prompted to overwrite. tom t

Guest WorkingStiff

I tried that and I couldn't locate the file on the CDs. Apparenty it's buried in one of the CAB files so a simple "File Find" search didn't locate it.

Use and unzipping program, such as Winzip, to search the *.cab files for the file you want. I would venture to say that your facilities.dll is not corrupt but you can surely replace it with the one on your fs2002 CDs.If replacing the facilities.dll doesn't correct your problem, then you will need to troubleshoot what you added to your fs2002 to cause the problem. These could be added scenery that added new facilities, new AI airports, etc.

Guest WorkingStiff

I'm thinking that my facilities.dll file isn't corrupt but it's worth a shot since I'm out of ideas.I've installed FS2002 and the Airport 2000 Vol. 3 sceneries a number of times without any problems but since yesterday FS2002 has been crashing to desktop with an error message mentioning the facilities.dll file. I narrowed down the problem to two scenery files; when I "REMmed" them out in the scenery.cfg, FS2002 runs without problems. But since I've installed these sceneries before without problems I'm trying to figure out why FS is suddenly refusing to run them.

Guest Barney1

Notice the highlighted entries. Before the word "Area", there appears to be an appostrophe plus another symbol which do not belong there. I'm assuming that this is an extract from the actual scenery.cfg file; if so, this is likely the root of the trouble.

Guest WorkingStiff

Barney,I put the apostrophes there to indicate to FS2002 that these two sceneries shoulc not be loaded because they are the source of the problem.An apostrophe at the beginning of the line means that whatever follows would be ignored by the program.

Guest WorkingStiff

Thanks Kurt, I'll give it a shot.