Sign in to follow this  
Guest usajet93

CH Products Throttle Quadrant HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest usajet93

Anybody have problems with reverse thrust setup in FSUIPC. If so and you were able to fix it please help me.

Hi,I bought the CH TQ last weekend and reverse thrust works fine.However make sure that in the CH Config Manager (can't recall the proper name) you set the following values for your throttle levers:Min value = 0Ident value = 240Max value = 255For more info check this sites:http://www.stickworks.com (file downloads)http://www.ch-hangar.comhttp://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54 (Pete Dowson formu)

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

As a matter of fact I spent my 5 hours last night trying to get it to work right.First of all I installed the control manager and screwed up my setup all together. I callibrated controls (have yoke, pedals and now the TQ) but when I go to creating a map in te ontrol manager (bit ike a nuclear science to me) it went bad. When I attempted to load (download in their terminology) the map I created it started reinstalling my control drivers and finally removed my controls completely.In act of despair I uninstalled the control manager, reinstalled my controls one by one with windows drivers (much better than CH supplied ones) and assigned joystick axis for each and everyone of them seperately, minding to click OK in the process whenever I changed anything for one of the controllers.Then, I went into the sensitivities menu and again assigned maximum sensitivity values and zero deadzone values for each one of them.Finally, I got to the FSUIPC and reset all the values therein. Then I set the max/min/deadzone values for each controller.The problem that took most of my time was, that my idle throttle was not in fact idle but at 25% rpm/thrust/whatever.It got to idle only when I pulled it through the detent down to the bottom of the range.The culprit was resetting my throttle value for all throttles, ticking map to 4 throttles.When I reset that value on page 1 of controllers to default values I could go to page 4 for independent throttles and assign an idle and reverse thrust values without the problem.I found the idle setting higher than detent value working better as there is a natural slight control resistance pushing it out of the detent, which causes thrust to jump up right at 30% rather than gradual 21 and higher per cent.Bit long but hope it helps. It takes a lot of experimenting but the result is very rewarding.No more straining our arm trying to reach the throttles from behind the yoke.Dom

Hi,It indeed can be a pain in the a..You managed to do it mostly by means of FSUIPC, it did it mostly in the CH Control Manager (CM). It is both ways possible.The reason why your CH 'download' didn't work is most likely caused by the fact that the CH-CM renames the devices names in something like 'CH Control Device1' (and 2 and 3 if you have also the yoke & pedals.)In the FS9 devices.cfg and FS9.cfg however the 'official' names are still being used, like 'CH Yoke', 'CH Pedals' etc, so there is no mapping/recognition anymore.In the 'stickworks' url I provided in my previous message this all is explained extensively.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hi Dom,Could you please send a screenshot of the FSUIPC page with your successful throttle settings?Thanks a lot,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Thank you very much Dom. Maybe now I will have some success.Best regards,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor