Sign in to follow this  
CharlieZ

Now I got my Twin GA at home (Home Cockpit Shot)

Guest gasebah

A little off topic for this forum, but hey let me show off a bit. It was a lot of work. More pics in the home cockpit forum.Alex

AlexLooks wonderful :-)Whats that square panel on top of the coaming is it a deicing panel like in the Seneca Five? ;-)Peter

Guest gasebah

LOL,yes, in the final stage when I have my projector I actually plan to remove thefront frame of the housing from the monitor and paint it black for that purpose.Alex

AlexAs you gathered I was only joking :-) You really need a much better display to go with that superb cockpit ;-)Peter

Guest gasebah

You bet you'll be cordially invited. Find a cheap flight to Germany (or borrow a Seneca V). Meals and a bed are for free of course :-). Unfortuantely all my friends and the group is led by my girlfriend think I finally have become completely insane. Except my neighbour. I heard some very suspicous drilling and sawing sounds next door the other night :-). BTW I can't blame my girlfriend. She is too small to look over the cockpit and surf the net now (the pilot's seat height is not adjustable yet :-).Take care,Alex

Guest gasebah

O.K. guys. I borrowed a rather good and expensive projector from my workplace today. I have to say that I am totally disappointed by the performance and I will absolutely positively never buy one. Being used to a resolution of 1600x1200x32 on my 19" monitor I was absolutely shocked how bad the picture of an XGA projector looks. It looks like an oil picture that was recently washed with soap water. I guess I will spend my bucks for other hardware.Alex

Alex,It's come a long way since the last pics you showed me! Nice work! I pretty much finished up my cockpit when you posted this and now you've got me thinking. What did you use to make the curved glareshield? I do a lot of woodworking and can think of some time-consuming ways to do it, but yours looks very good and I'm wondering if there is an easier way. I'm also hesitant to go whole hog until I get a better yoke (currently CH but thinking I just might have to get a PFC or build my own). Is that a PFC that you have built in? Thanks for sharing this!David

Guest gasebah

Hi David,like you might remember from the thread in the home cockpit forum from the beginning the wooden cockpit you saw was only a sample to check if all the measurements are right and everything works as it was supposed to. Ater that we redid the whole thing from fiber glass. There are some huge advantages to wood when you build a cockpit:1. It is very light. The whole cockpit you see can easily be lifted by one person.2. Flat and and smooth surfaces are very easy to realize. It very easy to grind.3. As you see you are very flexiible when it comes to different shapes. Rounded edges can easily be realized. That gives you very nice surfaces that you can cover with leather. In reality btw it looks a lot better than on he screenies as the pics do not shoe the nice grain of he leather.4. The top unit you see is so cheap to make that if I would start going in "mass production" it could be made at a a price that would allow for selling it to the end user for approx. 100-150 US$ and still leave good margin for a whole saler and a shop (without the monitor and the GF units of course). That got me thinking. You could make a predefined version completely covered with leather and premade cutouts for several GF units and e.g. a CH Yoke. The end user simply cuts out the leather, puts in the GF units he has and is ready to go. HMMM. Maybe I make a business out of this one day. You guys might wanna tell me if you'd buy something like that :-). The yoke is an AETI yoke that I got at a very resonable price at e-bay. It is made by PFC as far as I know but sold by Vmax I guess. You can get those here at the AVSim shop, but very pricy.What about sending me some shots from your cockpit, I'd be very interested to see it.Take care,Alex

Guest flightpro08
Guest gasebah

Don't be. Ge out of your couch and start sawing, drilling and grinding :-).Alex

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Seat looks comfy. :-)

Alex:I hope you don't mind, but I lightened your photo with a gamma adjustment and am posting itCharlieZ