Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Landclass Assistant Query?

I have version 1.3. My problem is an understanding of the functionality of the grid and its relationship to the main page. The documentation (.doc) is from 5/20 and does not reference the grid page and its functions. Is there a more updated set of docs available or is there a post somewhere that explains this??Thanks,Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

The grid was first added in Landclass Assistant 1.1....It's fairly straightforward. It divides the .raw file into 64x64 "chunks". The arrow buttons are used to navigate through the grid. If you click the step button, you can step through the grid 32 points at a time, or 64 points at a time.When I wrote the grid, I envisioned that users would plot the x,y coordinates in the main screen by marking points on the border of their city. People could then go into the grid and update the points in between the border by entering a landclass value, then clicking the point in the grid. There's no "save" command, as the .raw file displayed through the grid is updated as soon as the point is clicked.That brings us to this update, which already discusses the enhancements related to the grid. The whole purpose of the grid: to allow a visual representation of the updates being made and to speed updates of larger cities.I apologize for being unable to provide any more than a readme.txt in the updates. The original documentation was quite a project, and my day job: administering app and network support, which includes writing copious amounts of user documentation. I just didn't want to do documentation at home on that scale again, free time being as rare as it is. With the grid, Landclass Assistant is quite different, but in another sense very much the same. The grid just provides an easier way to draw the scenery update, and/or to view it.What surprises me is how many new users this latest release has picked up!Regards,JohnAuthor - Landclass AssistantAlso please note.... Although I'm in and out of these forums, email is my preferred means of answering questions, so I can log them. Although I don't get paid for LCA, I do spend an hour or two a month trying to improve it, and I keep track of all correspondence.

Guest Hugo

John, I just want to say thank you for this superb tool. :-beerchugHugo

Indeed user docs are quite difficult. Placing yourself in their shoes and trying to ingore what you "really know" is tough.Ok get the idea on the grid. Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA