Sign in to follow this  
nickelodeon

Problem with floppy disk drive

Hello,Few days ago I upgrade my computer (thanks to Edwin who helped me in this forum). I got a new MOBO Asus A8v deluxe and AMD 64 3000+. And I also purchased a new Corsair RAM 1Gb.I assembled then the old hard drive and old fllopy drive.Now, after a few days I am enjoying many FS2004, everything running as I dreamed before when I had my old pentium.The only problem I have is that the BIOS don't recognize de floppy drive. I have tried everything (I think), I have change positions of the cables, the cables it self. The only thing I get is the permanent light in the floppy drive, nothing else. WIndows says it has all controllers installed, but....Anyone with any ideas?ThanksMaikel

Guest baksteen33

Hi Maikel, afaik, the light indicates the ribbon cable is plugged in the wrong way around. If the power connector has the red wire on the right hand side (looking from behind the drive), the ribbon cable's red marking should be on the left. The end of the ribbon cable should be connected to the drive and the mainboard end should have the red marking on pin1. You might also need to activate the 1.44MB floppy in the system's bios. Hope this helps, good luck and kind regards Jaap

Hi JaapSorry I answer so late. I had till today not time to check the forum.I also checked the connections following your instructions. Could not follow everything exactly as you explained because the ribbon cable I have don't have red marks but white.Anyway the cables, both power and ribbon, only fit in one way to the motherboard or to the drive, so I think everything is correct.The 1.44MB floppy option in the BIOS is activated.... but still no success.Thanks anyway for your advise.RegardsMaikel