Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flybyme

ATI Radeobn Sapphire 9600 256Mb DRIVERS problem...

Guest Flybyme

Ciao to all,I had the worst Idea to upgrade the drivers of my ATI Radeon Sapphire 9600 video 256Mb...So I uninstalled the drivers I had from "pannel control" and installed the drivers "Catalyst 5.10 Windows XP - Driver Download" that I downloaded from :https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27I rebboted my pc...and from then my FS9 doesn't open no more...I get a message telling there is an error and the program closes.So i tried to reinstall the DirecX 9.0C..but nothing changed I still can't get my FS9 to function..What do I do wrong...???Please don't tell me I must reinstall all FS9 and add-on..it's long and hard job to do... :( Francesco

Guest Edwin

Hi Francesco,Sorry to hear you are having problems. There must have been something wrong with your driver installation. I would not reinstall FS9 until the last resort because it doesn't sound like there's something wrong with FS9 - more probably to do with the display drivers.There's something called Catalyst Uninstaller on the ATI Web site. Try using that to wipe your drivers clean and then reinstall the Catalyst drivers. Also, are you sure you are downloading the full set (25.3Mb) and not just the display drivers (the driver set is split into three for low-bandwidth dial-up users but as far as I know, you have to install all three)? Also, try using the drivers without the Catalyst Control Center (i.e. NOT the 33.8Mb file but use the 25.3Mb file).Hope this helps.Edwin

Guest Flybyme

Thanx for your help....I cleaned Xp of all the ATI drivers and installed the CAtalyst ones 33.8Mb..Seems working fine now...If not, I'll let u know for sure....;o)Ciao Francesco