Sign in to follow this  
01pewterz28

Michael Renous...I'm still waiting to hear from you.

Michael, I emailed you after being instructed by you in this forum to do so. That was 11/20/02 in the afternoon. I have pre-paid for Airport 2002 v.1 and have still not received it. I sent you the order confirmation dated Oct. 29th. I am posting here since I have never heard from Wilco after using the online product support submission form or the personal email I sent to you yesterday. I requested that you overnight the product to me to make good on the promise to get it to me early. Wilco's initial promise was to get it to me before the non-pre-paid buying public. That promise is all but a joke to me. I still don't have the product and have to sit by day-after-friggin'-day and watch everyone else trash it here. I want to see for myself. I am very disappointed in the level of service I have received from Wilco. I will probably never give up posting negative items here in this forum and others when the subject of Wilco comes up. Anytime I even think I've the subject might involve Wilco I will give my two cents and this story of the level of customer support I have received. So you might as well take your time getting it to me. You have missed several opportunities to make me a "satisfied customer". I respect you personally, but I am sick of Wilco. Never again.Respectfully,

KenSaw your original post and Micheal Renous's response to email him personally. I took the liberty of also sending an email for his personal attention as I'm in the same boat as you, ordered Airport 2K2 over two weeks ago and have recieved nothing, neither did I get any response to any emails.However, in fairness to Mr Renous he did reply to my last mail within 24hrs, but with not such good news. He was very very apologetic and informed me that on the day of my order their server crashed, so infact they never recieved my order in the first place!Hope the above info helps in your quest for some service!!!Best RegardsPaul Manton

Ken you could always stop payment on your CC. you write your CC company and inform them of what has happened and that you refuse to pay for it. They usually will work with you if you are professional about it. I had to do this with my VISA quite a few times and they have never given me any problems.Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comBill Grabowski'sMD-11 panel Beta Team-----------------------PAI beta team -----------------------http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Yeah, I guess I'll just have to give up purchasing this product. I have never tried so hard to purchase a product before. I was excited way before it arrived and have been sorely disappointed day-by-day. Now the news of Airport 2002's problems are killing that high little by little. I guess I should just cancel the cc order and give up. It's really a shame if as you say they had a server crash. But why didn't they warn the community where they advertise to check with them to see if an order was dropped? I didn't hear any such news. I appreciate Michael's attempt to stand up for the mess that is going around but as a paying customer this is totally unacceptable. It has left a bad, bad, bad taste in my mouth that will be hard to get rid of. Would someone from Wilco please answer my email?Sadly disappointed,

the better question is why was there not a backup in place ? .Trust me when I say you are not missing out.I would not put this much effort into this.If they have show little effort or responability then you should not continue your effort.If they offered my a free download of A320 Pic in good faith because I have spent $50 on a product that Iam not happy with at all and to think I spent $14 just for shipping and handling to get it here 2 days and it actually took 4 !Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comBill Grabowski'sMD-11 panel Beta Team-----------------------PAI beta team -----------------------http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

When ever I order anything on the net, I always make sure I receive a confirmation of my order. If one is not received I always send a message to make sure the order was received.If the company never receives an order, for whatever reason, I think one can hardly hold them responsible.As far as the quality of the product, I bought mine today, and for $29.99 I have no complaints. The scenery may not be as accurate as Simflyers, but then again 7 Simflyers airports cost me a lot more than $30. As a bonus I also get FSNat and an interesting 737-700 virtual cockpit. It amazes me the number of complaints any new release generates. Unfortunately some people will complain about anything, if you give them 5 one dollar bills, they will complain that, it should have been a single $5.00 bill. :-)You can please some people all of the time.You can please all the people some of the time.But, you will never please all of the people all of the time.http://members.cox.net/pstepanoff/images/OK_c2.gifPete S

Hi Richard,Do I read some reticence(sp?) in your liking of this product now? :) I was going to purchase it, but all the hype here has convinced me otherwise- I'm hanging out for V-MAX and RC2. Along with the new ActiveSky that both of us are beta testers for, these will make for some great simming time!Thanks,Bruce.

Bruce, :-lol yes I have changed my mind.It was not until I actually LOOKED for problems that I started noticing everything and it's enough to actually get me feeling liked I wasted money and that's not something I often think in this hobby.Iam thinking about getting RC3 if you get let me know what you think.Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comBill Grabowski'sMD-11 panel Beta Team-----------------------PAI beta team -----------------------http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Hi Richard,Yes, I meant RC3, not 2 :) I'll certainly pass on my comments- but having had RC1/2, I have no doubts at all about RC3. A program made by professionals, not just looking for a fast buck but just trying to recoup costs- I'll say the same about ActiveSky too, and V-MAX. All good solid developers with real simming in mind.Thanks for the feedback, you've just cemented my opinion and action (lack of) with this airport product.Bruce.

Okay Pete. Here's the order confirmation. After reading my post did you really think that I was just talking about a misplaced order? My complaints are not just idle complaints, I did receive a valid confirmation. I really did want to buy this product and was one of the first to put their money on the line in advance. As you can see I even paid more than you to get it before you. Now you have it for less and I am still waiting. Is that just an idle complaint Pete?Personal info x'd out.Shop Order -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Wilco Publishing PO Box 30Drogenbos1620Belgique Phone: Fax: +322 331 2701 Billing Details --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Address:Ken Jacksonxxxx xxxxxxSan AntonioTx, 78254US Phone: 210-xxx-xxxxFax: Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxOrder Details --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Date Order Number Tax Region Shipping Region Shipping Method 10/29/2002, 16:15:12 033031748271 Rest of the World USA/Canada/Rest of Europe shipping cost table Payment Method --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Visa --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Item Number Title Quantity Price discounted to SubtotalEuro PR122 Airport 2002 Volume 1 1 33.02 30.54 30.54 Purchase price Euro30.54 Total ex Euro30.54 Shipping (shipping cost table) Euro16.00 Tax Euro0.00 Total Inc. Euro46.54 Total Inc. (USD) USD45.45 Secured by Globecharge

Ken,My response was not to you. I was not acusing you of idle complaints.I was simply reponding to a statement made, about a system being down when an order is placed.The complaints I referred to, where about the product itself. All in all, I feel I got my money's worth.You certainly have a reason to complain about your order process, and I would be just as mad. I would have asked for a refund and purchased it locally, the minute it hit the shelves!Sorry you mis-understood me, hope you get it resolved soon. http://members.cox.net/pstepanoff/images/OK_c2.gifPete S

Another thumbs up here for RCv3 I have had RC2.2 for 1/2 a year now and it's a great program and the support is also top notch :)Johnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.