Sign in to follow this  

Is there a key command for the altimeter setting adjust

How the heck could I have missed that! Thanks All, I will give it a shotBobG

Sorry all I should have been more clear. Im looking for a key to adjust the altimeter pressure altitude.TksBob

Guest jason2112

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for (sorry, not a native speaker, and sometimes a bit confused ;)), but FSUIPC offers configurable keyboard controls for numerous parameters. I have configured keyboard shortcuts for NAV1 OBS and autopilot altitude setting and mapped them to my joystick, very nice!Bye,VOlker :]

Bob,If you mean that you want to be able to adjust the Altimeter to say 29.92 above FL180 then you need to adjust the knob on the altimeter. If there is no knob then you have to do it in the weather menu. What I do when I have a panel that does not come with an adjustable altimeter is add a small adjustable one on the panel as a backup altimeter or add one as an extra window. Then when I need to make the adjustment above FL180 I open that window/gauge and make the change then close it until it's needed again.You should have plenty of them to choose from in your Gauge Folder.There is no key command that I know of.maxsdad

Guest BC_KBOS

Well, there are two ways, depending on what you want to do.If you just want to set standard, you can use the hotkey option in FSUIPC. I use the very intuitive "shift + B" to set standard.If you want to adjust the BARO with the keyboard, you can do that by editing the fs2002.cfg file. Get FSUPIC and read the "fsuipc for advanced users" file. I edited my .cfg file with these entries:KOHLSMAN_INC=75,8KOHLSMAN_DEC=186,8The keys I used were assigned to something else which I reassigned. I did this because I butchered a keyboard in order to make a custom control panel, which works swell.You HAVE to read the advanced instructions to see what I did there, but it ain't all that difficult.You will have to dink around a bit to find something that is not already in use, or find a command that you don't care if you don't have (like sim rate, for example).That should do it.Rgrds,BC

the B key will only reset to the default. The altimeter on the minipanel in fullscreen view ("W" from cockpit view) has an adjuster and is big enough to be able to see the numbers. I use this, but beware that some 3rd party aircraft use a "non-adjustable" altimeter in the cockpit panel which will just reset to default whatever you do. The only way I've found to fix that is to edit the panel.cfg and replace the altimeter with an adjustable one.Degsy

Thanks AllThe reason, which I should have explained is that I have the GoFlight controls and was in hopes that there was a command and I could get a hold the nice GoFlight Folks and ask if they would add the command to their dll. Oh wellRegardsBobG

Bob:In Fuspic you can assign a key to set barometric pressure to 29.92 above 18,000 feet. I have assigned the "Delete" key for this function. Works every time.

Charlie,Good one. I just assigned shift+B to that function.There's alot in FSUIPC that most of us miss. Gotta look at it better when I get a chance. It's a great utility.Thanksmaxsdad

Well it looks like you guys either fly the heavies or you fly GA that can pressurize as I rarely get above FL150. Anyway I really appreciate your time to chime in. Thanks againBobG