Sign in to follow this  
Guest m3pimpin

New system/Configuration

Guest m3pimpin

Hey everyone. I just received my system that I ordered from ibuypower.com and it looks great. System specs are: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ CPU Geforce 7800gtx 256mb WD 160gb S-ATA HD 1024mb Kingston RAM So yea, I would expect FS to run well. Also I am running Windows XP Home edition SP2. Now I am still running FS2002, I plan on getting FS2004, but might just wait for the release of FS2006.1. Any tweeking advice you can give me? So I can get the best performance in FS out of my system?2. Currently I'm running 1280x1024, 32 bit, 60Hertz.3. What antialiasing setting should I use? 4. Under Anisotropic filtering it says application-controlled?5. When in FS I still get the jaggies. How would I get rid of that, and also far out in FS I can see that it gets to certain point in the terrain and it becomes blurry. I'm probably not explaining it right, but I think everyone knows what I am talking about. How do I extend that, so it can possibly go away, or atleast put it farther off. Scenery looks good down below, then I look off into the distance, and it is blurry. 6. Figure I would put this in here too. I use to fly on VATSIM, but I haven't flown on there in about a year. I know that with SB3, and FSInn, there are VIP airplane models. But lets face it those models suck, and they look like paper. lol. I was wondering if I were to install the ProjectAI models, would those models show instead of the VIP models? 7. I'm an eyecandy person myself, and I like my games to get as "Real as it gets" Do you think it is realistic that I can install almost all of the ProjectAI models and AFCADS, and my system still perform nicely with FS and even with add-on sceneries, and planes. I don't want to experience lagging, and moderate freezing like my old system. The specs were very outdated. 8. I want my computer to run clean, and free of viruses. I know that is almost impossible, but I would like this system to really be clean. I have MCafee virus scan 6.0 it comes with a firewall etc. I bought this a couple of years back. Should I install it, or is there something better out there? Has to be freeware though. Thank you all in advance.