Sign in to follow this  
base64

WILL THIS CAN BE ABLE TO PLAY?

Hi, I am a newbie in FS, I wonder if this laptop can play fs, the configurations are:Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66Ghz), 667Mhz FSBMobile Intel 945PM ExpressMicrosoft Windows Pro SP21GB DDR15.4 WXGA(1280x800)ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1600 256MB100GB SATADVD COMBOFULL SIZE 99 KEY WITH INLAID NUMERIC KEYPADSRS TruSound XT, 5.1 Dolby Digitalplease give me some advice And if I buy some addons eg: pmdg 747, what will be the maximum peformance/settingsthankyou very much

Guest Pesawat

You should be able to run it, however as to your question about the max performance, its hard to say. It should do "ok" install fs it and adjust the sliders to you liking. the 74 is a demanding add-on and peformace does vary with each system. keep in mind dont expect too much because fs is very cpu hungry, and these days 1.6Ghz is not a lot. hope this is somewhat of help

Thanks for your advice, If I change use Intel Core Duo T2500 (2.0Ghz), 667Mhz FSBWill it improve the performance for addons?I hope the frame rate to be 10+/sec

Guest Pesawat

Probally with the 1.6 you would hit 10 just barely with no AI and little airport enviroment. As for the Core duo, fs9 does not support duo core cpu. Why dont you jusy get a desktop system, I mean for the price of a laptop you can get a nice desktop.

Since I want it to be portable, I just want to find a laptop.I want to find a laptop that has a performance equivalent to a Pentium 4 3.0+ , and it can use with some addon aircraft. I am not very familiar with the performance of other CPU .

Guest baksteen33

Hi Base, although I don't know those core duos, I guess the rig you mentioned in your first post will already 'do FS' very nicely. Since FS is a CPU heavy app, the more CPU, the better. If you can afford the T2500 without putting your finances to dire straits, go for it. :-) AFAIK, powerful core duos will outperform many advanced P4s without troubles. My old socket 754, 2000MHz AMD64-3200 outperformed my 3GHz-P4 by roughly 40%! Just to say the internal frequencies aren't the determining factor anymore. Having said that, you might want to look into a laptop with an AMD Turion as well? Sometimes - important when considering games on laptops - their incorporated display adapters aren't that good and they'll be slightly problematic if running games at rather high resolutions. However and as far I would dare to judge, the 1600 should be ok @ 1280x800. Not great, but ok. Please come back and tell us about your experiences once you've made up your mind and gone ahead? :-) Cheers, good luck and kind regards Jaap

Thats a great help for me,I really appreciate your help. Now I am confident about notebooks for Sim..Both LG S1 Expressand HP Compaq nx9420are currently not released in my cityI'll wait for it, thanks for the people in this forum.

Guest baksteen33

You're welcome, Base. AIM, the display adapters might likely be more of a prob than the CPUs. Since you're looking at laptops in your town, maybe the shop(s) will let you install FS to see how they function? After all, FS is the main reason you're buying such expensive equipment. If I were the sales person, I'ld definitely be interested in such an experiment... Besides, there's nothing better than a happy customer (who will happily return for further purchases)! :-) FYI, I recently got a (desktop) X1600XT/256MB-GDDR3 for my dad and briefly tested it. I must say it's a very nice piece of hardware for the price. Radeons generally function very well with FS and don't get bogged down too much with clouds. As far as I would dare to judge, they're less suited for multiple monitors and certain apps like 3D glasses. If you're not into that kind of stuff, Radeons are top notch (IMHO). Hope this adds to thoughts, good luck and kind regards Jaap