Sign in to follow this  

sound stutter

This has probably been addressed here before but has anyone had trouble with atc sound suttering and cutting out. Ive searched the form but found nothing . Any help would be appreciated. My system is a PIII 1gig with sound blaster gamer sound card.

I had this problem at one stage. Try turning down the quality of your sound within the flight simulator program itself.If that doesn't work try going to your Windows Settings/Control Panel/DirectX applet and try two things. Go to the Direct Sound tab and make sure the debug output level is set to 'less' and go into the DirectX Diagnostic tool/sound tab and put the accelation slider to 'no acceleration'. And of course the 'latest drivers' and 'shutting down' other programs will help. (Use the program 'EndItAll' to help simplify this)Best of luck.Mark Underwood(Adelaide, Australia)

>This has probably been addressed here before but has anyone >had trouble with atc sound suttering and cutting out. Ive >searched the form but found nothing . Any help would be >appreciated. My system is a PIII 1gig with sound blaster >gamer sound card. [/p] [/p]DirectX control Panel applet [/p] [/p]A Microsoft DirectX control Panel applet (.clp file) will solve your stuttering problem. It is caused by the DirectX Debug Output Level being set too high. In the DirectSound panel (of this applet) set Debug all the way to Minimum.Get this file: ` dxapplet.zip ' (35k) by searching the Microsoft website.If you cannot find it .. I will email it to you!!Gregory Abbey - Edwinnengineering

Hi.If you fly with organizations such as VATSIM or get into flying with live ATC you probably won't want sound from the engine, try uninstalling your sound card, reinstalling again, dose this occur on other programs or just FS2k2 ?-ShaneCYHZ

I have searched all over MS and cannot find it. Can you explain a little more how it works and how it came about. Is it for Wins xp?please email it to me. thanks, Jim forakers@tampabay.rr.com

I had/have the problem, too. It only happens in the normal cockpit-view, not in any outside or VC - view. Do You by any chance have installed the Nvidea 40.72 Detonator drivers? Because that's when the problem started on my machine, together with the installation of DirectX 8.2. Maybe there's some connection. Anyways, the tip about reducing the hardware accelaration in the DirectX dialog program helps (at least on my machine), although I think it's not neccessary to reduce to absolute no hardware accelaration. Try by lowering only one notch. If it doesn't help, you can still reduce further down.BTW, my machine specs are:1.4 Ghz AMD Thunderbird256 MB DDROLD Soundblaster Live!ValueMSI Geforce 4 TI4200 128 MBWindows MENvidea Drivers 40.72DirectX 8.2H.

>>I have searched all over MS and cannot find it. Can you >explain a little more how it works and how it came about. >Is it for Win Xp?>>please email it to me. >It's a Control Panel plugin -- a .CPL file. I believe it should work in Xp.. because Xp is basically an advanced Windows NT.. and it works GREAT in NT. It will most certainly cure the stuttering as it did for me. If it doesn't please post your reply.http://www.edwinn.com/flightsim/DirectX.gifGregory Abbey - Edwinnengineering

I don't know whether I am speaking to Edwin or Gregory! but I would also appreciate a copy of that file, I cannot find it at Microsoft or other sites.The past week I have posted the same complaint at FlightSim.com but did not get any working solutions. It does appear to have occurred after I installed the new 40.72 drivers. My belief is it is tied to the amount of resources being used yet I have a fairly strong set-up.My System:AMD Athlon XP 2100+ (40.72drv)Gigabyte GA 7VRX moboVisionTek Xtasy GEForce 2Ti 64MB video card512MB DDR RAMIBM 40GB 7200rpm hard driveMaxtor 20GB 7200rpm hard driveSB128 sound cardCHProducts PCI yoke and pedalsWindows 98FE updatedTwo case fans

Yes edwin please email me the dxapplet.zip as I can not find it on Microsoft site bdobson000@sympatico.ca

>I had/have the problem, too. It only happens in the normal >cockpit-view, not in any outside or VC - view. Do You by any >chance have installed the Nvidea 40.72 Detonator drivers? >>1.4 Ghz AMD Thunderbird >256 MB DDR >OLD Soundblaster Live!Value >MSI Geforce 4 TI4200 128 MB >Windows ME >Nvidea Drivers 40.72 >DirectX 8.2 >Hi..I have the 40.72 drivers but have not updated the directX to 8.2 yet. The old soundblaster should be ok.. it's a PVI soundblaster 16-bit right?? That is the one I have and it's fine. Did you say you reduced the sound acceleration? The Me operating system sounds a bit weak.. but I'm an NT guy!! { smile }I'll be emailing the applet to you guys soon..!! Someone said they found it on microsoft.com but it was not easy to find.Gregory Abbey - Edwinnengineering

I had the 40.72 driver installed and went back to 30.82 and the problem disappeared. so it seems to be related to the 40.72 driver. Gregory sent me the dxapplet so I will reinsatll 40.72 and try again. Many Thanks to all who helped with this problemBrian

I had the problem on two occcasions and on both occasions it was when I installed the demo for Unreal Tournament 2002. I wonder what the demo does to the sound - does it install DX 8.2?I had to uninstall all the SB drivers and reinstall them to get the sound back to normal again.Regards,Darren

Yes, I actually did the same (going back to the older Nvidea driver) and it did cure the sound stutter problem. But I installed the 40.72 drivers again and reduced the sound hardware acceleration resulting in no (or at least much, much less) sound stutters and better frame rates. I still have to figure out if the sound stutters are gone for good, or if it's just an artifact. Unfortunately there are no update drivers for the soundcard. The last one I have is from about christmas last year, i think. If somebody know about a source for newer drivers for an OLD Creative Soundblaster Live!Value (no AT ALL 5.1) I would appreciate it.H.