Sign in to follow this  

sound stutter

I forgott to mention that my first try, before reducing hardware sound accelaration and going back to older Nvidea drivers, was the tip about the DirectX Applet "directx.clp" (tried it some days ago). But unfortunately it didn't helped in my case. My personal experience is either reducing hardware sound acceleration or going back to older Nvidea drivers for those who are using Gforce cards and DirectX 8.2. What about DirectX 9? Some experiences around. Didn't tried them yet.H.

Thx for the applet, Gregolry,I think it has solved my problem, the few flights I have had there were no ATC sound stutters.But it is an intriguing file, it opens and works where I have unzipped it to, but it will not work at any other location, particularly within the Windows folder, I wanted to put it in System Tools but it just won't open there!Thx againNigelVAncouver

>Heres a link for Microsoft DirectX control Panel applet >that has it just for otheres to get thanks for the info guys >http://www.falcon5.nl/downloads_fixes.html Let's understand that the fix for stuttering back 8-months ago was the CP applet.. and it did cure stuttering on my system. With the new DirectX version.. it's uncertain as to how to solve. Without test data to back up this statement.. adjusting hardware acceleration controls seems the best approach.Cheers..!!Gregory Abbey - Edwinnengineering