Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Does TrackIR hit system resources?

I have trackIR Pro 3 and I really don't notice any performance hit. It runs a small application that takes about 16-20 mb of your system resource. When it detects that FS is running, it takes over the VC and does its magic. I don't ever fly without it.Jason Zhang

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest Staggerwing

I use TrackIR Pro3 with vector expansion as well, and I've not seen it drag the system down at all.I've enjoyed it's use as much as getting the CH usb pedals and yoke, and the combo is very nice indeed.I'll guess the TrackIR 4 is yet another improvement of the breed but have not looked at it as I don't need another tempation to spend money on FS. Hardware investment due for FSX first..Perhaps when my Pro3 quits working.BTW, be sure and get the Vector expansion if it's not now included with the TrackIR4

Guest Staggerwing

Yes, immersion is the TrackIR value for sure..Sure, you see some saying that it "just isn't right" etc. But, hey.. for the price it's SO much better. Many don't like the idea that you turn your head but keep looking at the monitor.. but it really is a natural thing after just an hour of flying. As long as you make your settings so YOU like the amount of head turn vs virtual head turn.I turn my head about 30 degrees to look 90 degrees so it's never looking out the side of my face etc. not to fear, you can tailor every axis any way you want it.. even variable rate on each movement.Has to appeal to the GA and military sim pilots more than the high altitude liners no doubt, but even there it let's you feel more into it. Just the fact that you can now fly in a highwing aircraft and when you are banking you can "duck" your head down to see under the low wing :-) Or flying one with a small side window you can now look out of... quick look out the roof windows ! AND, when you can sit up more straight and see over the panel better if needed... or lean out the side of an open cockpit plane for take off and landings.. well, enough.. you know I like it.You need to do a bit of adjustment to get what you like but after that, just fire it up first..center youself with that window running, and then load FS. (or many others)Little helper that I've found (IF you use the unit on it's feet) is after you find it's "spot" put a little of that reusable clay (office supply) under the feet to keep it from moving around.

yes i do enjoy TrackIR 4 however it can get abit hot under the hat ;-)

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram