Sign in to follow this  
Guest IFC2

Weird FS9 CTD on New Install.

Guest IFC2

Hi All,I hate to double post I really do, but I am getting desperate now to try and fix this, and I know that some of the guru's in this section of the Avsim forums are fantastic, so I'm in you're hands guy's,this really has me beat, and I don't know what else to try.any help or suggestions are appreciated guy's.below is the link to my question in the general discussion forum. Thankshttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=318344&page=

Guest wayupthere

Hey Steve,By any chance did you allready update to the latest directx?

Guest IFC2

Hi Davis,yep, latest everything, and I even tried going back two versions of the CAT drivers in case it was a problem with the new ones,I also deleted the .cfg and let it build a new one, but the same thing is happening still,This really has got me beat, and I'm running out of hair.I woulden't mind doing another format if I thought it would do any good, but I don't want to do it just for the sake of it,any other suggestions at all are welcome,Thanks.

Guest wayupthere

Steve,hmm hold on with the reinstall lemme think about this one, i doubt that reformat would fix it, since you allready started of clean. After installing do other games (if you have any installed) or programs give you any CTD's at any given time? Also i see you have 1GB of mem, do you have 1 stick or two 512's? if two try taking out one. You could have faulty memory, you could also try running memtest. This is just a guess but try it, memory does sometimes cause strange errors.edit: sorry forgot the link http://www.memtest86.com/

Guest IFC2

Steve,hmm hold on with the reinstall lemme think about this one, idoubt that reformat would fix it, since you allready startedof clean. After installing do other games (if you have anyinstalled) or programs give you any CTD's at any given time?Also i see you have 1GB of mem, do you have 1 stick or two512's? if two try taking out one. You could have faultymemory, you could also try running memtest. This is just aguess but try it, memory does sometimes cause strange errors.edit: sorry forgot the link http://www.memtest86.com/Hi Davis,I have two sticks of 512, but I have tried it with just the one, then the other, same result.I will try installing and running call of duty 2, and see what happens,I honestly can't think what else it can be, I have nothing else installed.

Guest wayupthere

Hmmm allright :-hmmm ok install COD and see what happens

Guest IFC2

Hi Davis,well, I just installed, and ran COD just fine, and the same for Joint Ops too.so this is just an FS9 thing, not a machine thing somehow.I did uninstall FS yesterday, and then re-booted before re-installing it again, then applying the 9.1 patch, but with the same thing happening each time.

Guest wayupthere

hhmm, and the hunt continues :-roll ... hmm when you re-install do you use the same path? default c:program filesmicrosoft etc..? if yes though a long shot try installing it on a different drive / partiton (if you have one) like d:fs9 so that your registry doesnt reconize it at all.

Guest IFC2

Hi Davis,you're going to love this matey, I just spoke to Michael from FSGS, and guess what the problem was ! !it was IE7 Beta 2 that was causing this, I can't believe it, what a pain this has been, I have tried everything, and that is what it turned out to be,That guy is remarkable to say the least, as soon as I removed IE7 my problem disappeared completely.thanks for you're help though Davis, it has been very much appreciated.

Guest wayupthere

No probs, both lesson learned :) Good you got it solved.

Guest IFC2

Thanks Davis.I think it's time this topic was pinned, so others don't go through this.it seems as if if it doesn't relate to the convention or signature or even a Free copy of FSX, then it's not important!and, isn't it surprising how one MS product screws with another FS product!, someone dropped the ball there I think.