Sign in to follow this  
lcseale53

CRJ Panel Update

Greetings all,Attached are some screen shots of the latest additions/changes I've made to the CRJ panel. They include:revised windshield center post perspectiveexpanded and revised overhead paneladded working HUD viewable with or without the overhead panelplaced all fuel management toggles on the throttle paneladded 'click' to all switchesenlarged click area over MFD gps/nav and arc/rose knobscorrected 'tool tip' texttoned down night lightingI hope to upload this thing this weekend. On two previous uploads I've been unable to make the images show up in the file library, but screenshots will be included in the archive - so for a preview just use the 'zipdive' utility.Leon

Guest crashing_pilot

hi there,Leon,thanx a lot for this panel...it

Thanks guys,The new version was uploaded last night so hopefully It will show up soon. It was uploaded as lscrjpnlv2a, but I've been fooled before. If you download the panel and have any problems, please let me know as I've done some (as Garry says) tinkering with the bitmaps and code on some of the toggles to custom fit the application. Everything works as it should here, but some feedback would help.Thanks,Leon

Guest Andrew

In the 2nd picture above, shouldn,t the HUD be showing a bank angle against the horizon.

Guest crashing_pilot

yes...and if you look closely,you

Guest crashing_pilot

hola,just noticed that the heads up display gives different information about the altitude...when i dial in 29000 ft on the panel,the hud will say 25466 ft...i don

Guest eko

Looks great Leon!!! I'm glad you were able to get the sound and custom tooltips added to the gauges. Fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Why isn't the HUD positioned in front of the pilot? One of the reasons for equipping civilian aircraft with HUD's is so the pilot can look through it while shooting a CAT II and III ILS, and allows the pilot to scan for the runway while maintaining airspeed/localizer/Glide slope.I would like to see the HUD right in front of me, aka the pilot. In its current form my eyes have to 'scan' the HUD like it is an instrument.skyy

Guest crashing_pilot

Hi Leon,i think the different altitude readouts have to do with the fact that the hud is radar altitude rather then pressure altitude....so no worries mate!!thanx for a great lookin

Guest flightpro08

Thanks for all the comments guys,Jorge, thanks for the switches and tips I've gotten from you.Tom, yes the altitude is a radar altitude read-out, and thanks for your comments.Bob, Ryan, and Andrew thanks as well.Skyy, you make a very good point. Thus far all of the cockpit photos I've seen have the HUD as you see in the panel. However, the thing might swing around in front of the pilot. Does anyone know if this is the case? If so its an easy fix.Again thanks,Leon

Guest crashing_pilot

i thought it did leon,thanks :-)i think it looks that the hud is slightly off the centre because of the way the pic is taken....just my two centsthanks again for a wonderful panel mate,i