Sign in to follow this  
Guest KemoF15

FS9 Crashing (ATI Radeon X1900XTX)

Guest KemoF15

Does anyone have a clue why I'm getting crashes to desktop or worse yet a computer restart with an ATI Radeon X1900XTX? Here's my system:Alienware (March 2006) with AMD FX-60 dual core CPU/3GB RAM/X1900XTX 512MB video card/Raptor 10000rpm Hard Drive (only 30% of Hard Drive utilized)All the latest drivers (Catalyst 6.8 from ATI)/updated Norton Antivirus 2006Add-ons: Ultimate Terrain/FSGenesis/ASv6/BEV/PMDG 737/PIC 737/Ultimate Traffic 2005FS9 sliders about 90%/Target Frame Rate 55FPS (no problem in achieving)/Been on the phone with Tech Support (off and on for 3 months) and have accomplished MEMTEST of the RAM/Reformatted (respawned) the HD/Alienware Tech Support has not been very helpful/The system crashed 4 times today/the temperature of the GPU is well within limits (50-70 degrees C)/I've exhausted software/driver possibilities/I even reseated the GPU back into the PCI Express slot.Thnks in advance if there are any thoughts related to this issue.

Guest navav2002

Hey..What sound card are you running?? Doe's your mb have onboard sound avaliable?? If so..Can you switch over to OB and take your sound card out of the picture for a bit and see if you still get CTD's...(Just remember some SB problems with CTD's X-Fi's I think?? Although I've not had any trouble with mine??)..You got the AMD Processor Driver and AMD Dual Core Optimizer installed...As well as the Microsoft Dual Core Patch?? (Just Checking..)I have a X1900XTX/4800x2 system also...I Really don't fly allot on that Rig...But I'll load it up and see if I'm having any trouble..I just switched to the 6.8's myself using CCC...I have about the same add-on's you have except for the PMGD or PIC 737's(Sorry MD-80 Fan..he he)...I doubt they would contribute to a problem like this though...I'm working on that computer right now..I'll get her all up and running tonight or tomorrow and hopefully do some flyin'...Nice System BTW!! Sorry your having troubles...Let me know if there is any way I can do some "Testing" or whatever for you...I know our set-up's are not exactly the same...But more than happy to try whatever..