Sign in to follow this  
Misha_K

Saitek X52 spiking issues

Hi people, I have had a wodnerful Saitek X52 for a bit over half a year now. Just a few weeks ago I got a new machine and after finally completing teh migration of my FS9 install to the new computer hooked up the Saitek and tested the sim on the new machine. To my dismay, I am getting significant spiking from the twist rudder control. When giving slight left rudder, I will suddenly get full right rudder. Also, often when using slight right aileron, or slight up elevator, I also get full right rudder for a few split seconds. In flight it's less extreme, but on the ground it makes taxiing next to impossible. I checked it in the controller calibration window and the right rudder twist illuminates briefly even when I am not twisting the stick. Any ideas how this can be fixed, or must I sned this back to Saitek for replacement? Thanks in advance. http://www.commerciallevel.com/base/suppor...46supporter.jpg

be sure to have the Saitek plugged directly in the PC and not an USB hub...Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

What you're describing is more than likely a dirty/worn/defective potentiometer in the stick. The spike elimination in FSUIPC only addresses a bug in FS9 that causes the axis value to get "stuck" at full deflection...that's not the behavior you are describing.Once a pot starts doing that, it needs replaced. A few (very few) pots can be blown out with compressed air to breath a little more life into 'em. Personally, I order and keep on hand spare pots for my controllers because this is a natural consequence of usage. Except for my modded Thrustmaster Cougar, in which I have swapped the pots for frictionless Hall Effect transducers that will probably outlast me.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Well, I went back and re-read the original post...maybe this is the spiking bug, maybe not. I keyed in on the movement even without the stick being moved, but he does describe full-deflection excursions, which is the behavior the FSUIPC fix addresses.It's probably worth a shot, at any rate.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Guest simy222

I had a similar problem recently. Turned out I had moved the rudder trim on the throttle. It was assigned to one of those variable dial controls.

duplicate post