Hi,I'm just needing a little bit of help from a hardware guru to enable me to get some enjoyment from FSX ;-)For FS9 I had only 512mb (2x256) sticks, so realising that I would need more memory for FSX I went out and bought 2x1GB Kingmax PC-3200 DDR400 sticks, removed the older sticks and put the new ones in. Problem now is that my PC regularly re-boots itself or gets BSOD, but only whilst using either FS9 or FSX. So I removed one of the 1GB and can now run the PC fine, no BSOD, no mid-flight re-boots. Both FS9 and FSX run ok. Thinking that one of the sticks might be dodgy, I have tried installing them both individually, and in different slots and they work fine. But put the two sticks in together and I'm back to the old problems of re-boots etc. Do I need to perhaps adjust some setting in the BIOS? Do I need a better power supply (I have an ATX 400W)?Would dearly love to have 2gigs of RAM running smoothly so help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.Merry Xmas to all.Shug

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Guest baksteen33

Hi Shug, more details about your FlyTendo would be helpful (mainboard, chipset etc). You might have to update your mainboard bios? Sometimes RAM is plain simple incompatbible. Was it listed in the mainboard OEM's 'approved RAM' chart? You can stop Windows from re-booting by: Control Panel --> System --> Advanced --> Startup and recovery: Uncheck 'Automatically restart'. If you like, uncheck the 'Send administrative alert' too. Good luck and kind regards Jaap

Thanks for the reply, Jaap.My mobo is a Gigabyte GA-8IK1100 REV 1.0 with an Intel 875P chipset.Have now sent a query to Gigabyte as well. I don't think my pc has ever had a BIOS upgrade so am a bit unsure as to how I go about this. Regards,Shug

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Shug;See http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherb...eflashBIOS.aspxThere are also instructions starting at page 72 of your manual.The F13 BIOS is the latest for the 8IK1100, and the Gigabyte website shows that the F8 and subsequent BIOSes fixed a memory issue with PAT mode on that mobo.You might try turning off PAT, if possible, and see if that helps.Your mobo has a dual BIOS, so even if you screw it up, you can select the other good BIOS and go back to try again. If you've never flashed a BIOS before, just be sure to read the instructions several times and follow them to the letter when doing it. In particular do NOT turn off your machine while its flashing. CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest baksteen33

In addition to Bob's words, doesn't Gigabyte offer mainboards with a twin bios? AFAIK, there should be boot options allowing to select a specific bios profile. Case this Gigabyte-feature still bites, there shouldn't be much which can go wrong. In fact, you'ld even 'survive' the worst case scenario; a power outage in the middle of the flash. Good luck and kind regards Jaap