Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Yellow screen on flat panel monitor

Guys I need some advice. I recently upgraded to a new PC. I use a CRT 21 inch NEC monitor that I will never give up until she dies...just too good a picture.Anyway, I took my old PC (which still has 2 gigs of RAM and an Nvidia 7600 GS video card in it!) and gave it to my daughter. We had a flat panel display laying around from one of my other kids PC's and we hooked it up for her. When booting, the screen looked yellow. I'd seen that kind of "look" before from CRT monitors that had lost an RGB gun. Anyway, I thought "ok..bad monitor."...so we swapped it for another Dell flat panel monitor from my other Daughters PC (which works just fine.)Still the yellow screen. That to me means either a video card problem or a driver or windows setting problem.I dont know A THING about flat panel monitors. How do I get that yellow gone? Even at boot up the letters on the black screen are yellow...so something basic isnt right.What advice?ThanksEric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest wayupthere

Eric, are you using a DVI connection or regular Analog?. There could be a problem with the DVI-Analog converter plug (if you use that). Or you might want to check as simple as for dust/dirt inside the videocard plug, which makes a bad connection. If that don't work have a go at trying to re- install the drivers. I've never had this but it might just help.

Im thinking regular analog...which is what my OLD (old) NEC monitor was that formerly hooked up to that PC. What is a DVI connection? How to enable it?Should I reinstall the nvidia drivers?Thanks very much for your input!Eric

Guest wayupthere

You don't enable DVI, its just another plug type for the newer LCD/TFTs. I guess that you are still using analog, since that what the old CRTs are. Yeah try to reinstall the drivers, see if that helps.

Guest Staggerwing

If no other problems are found..Just a thought here... if it's a yellow "tint" to the colors shown on the monitor, it might only be that the monitor needs to be adjusted to a more "centered" color temperature first to be used with a different card and it's software settings.Can't tell if you're saying it solid yellow or just a yellow tint etc.First time I used a monitor color correction device I was getting very odd tints (had been pretty good colors) and realized that the monitor controls themselves needed to be more near center before any video car/software could make them look right :-)For what it's worth..

Reinstalling the latest nvidia drivers did the trick! Alls well now. you may return to your regular programming!Eric