Sign in to follow this  
Guest EmmaB2006

Graphics Upgrade

Guest EmmaB2006

Heya All....Wondering what i should upgrade my Graphics Card To.. i have A 9800 Pro .. oviously slowing down my graphical abilities concidering i have a Core 2 Duoi havea choice between...Radeon X1650 Pro AGPRadeon X1600 Pro AGPNvidia 7600GS AGPAny clues ???

Guest wayupthere

Hi Emma,That all depends on what resolution your are running. Any GPU question should be paired with display adaptor (GPU) resolution ;)

Guest EmmaB2006

Only 1280x1024 im on a 17" tft

Guest wayupthere

7600GS best performance vs value.Are you by any chance running an Asrock mobo?

Guest EmmaB2006

Yes .. 775i65G ... im aware of the lack of DDR2 on the board.. i am unable to Afford more due to the fact i dont work and i am on Incapacity Benifit ... does its job in my opinion

Guest wayupthere

Oh ok, well then the 7600 should do you good.

Guest EmmaB2006

Decided on an X1950 Pro ...

Guest baksteen33

Hi Emma, a wise decision if you don't want to use a driver from November 2006, Nvidia's 'latest' winXP WHQL for the 7xxx series... ;-) For FSX, it's best to have the 512MB version if you want to use it at max texture sizes (1024x textures). Ingame, this is adjustable via the 'Global texture quality' slider. Have fun and kind regards Jaap

what i should consider getting in the GPU Department?i have TH2GO spanned across three monitors at 3072 x 1024 on 19" monitorswill be upgrading to a C2D soon.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest baksteen33

Hi Clayton, hope you're well. For your GPU Department, you're asking the wrong person. I'm a beamer guy now! ;-) I honestly wouldn't have a clue. Due to your res however, I'ld nevertheless say "probably the best you can get!" ;-) Kind regards Jaap

Guest dpc

If you were an ATI user before then you should be happy with that card. I have basiclly the PCI version of it and am quite pleased with it's performance. It does a great job driving my monitor which was the reason I got the card.

well i got a 8800GT Leadtek getting assembled in the shop should have it ready next week, my new system that is.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram