Sign in to follow this  
Guest crashing_pilot

RAM for FS2002

i have been trying to clear out some disk space for fs2002 but it doesnt seem to work, does ram come back?, be cause i deleted a game that takes up 64 ram and i looked at how muc ram i have and it hasnt change, i have defrag and it doesn't seem to work. so my question is does ram come back?

Enroll in a computer course dude :-)Seriously though...RAM is computer memory which is used to run programs and store temporary information. It is erases whenever the computer is turned off. Hard Drive space is a physical spinning disks where programs are stored awaiting to be run. You seem to be confused between the two. Deleting a game that takes up 64Mb of hard drive space (I assume we are working in Mbs here) will not give you any more RAM, only buying more RAM will give your more RAM.What are your computer specs? it sounds like you might have trouble running FS2K2 with your setup!Hope this helps.

ok so if my system shows it has 56 ram right now, it means other programs are running at that it that are causing to go down?i get confusedwith this often.and my computer is a dell with pentium 4 process, 40 gugs of hardrive an 256 megs of ram

i figured it out i just had alot of things running that i didnt i know where running, i ended them and now my ram is in the 100's thanks for the hepl though

what kinda OS you use???XP / Win98 / WIN NT / WIN 2000 ????

Guest Smiley

Hmm . . . my system shows I have 512 mb available on my Win98SE system. Since that is what I installed I am happy. You should have at boot up 256mb showing. Windows depending on what version you have may be allocating your memory for you and using a large percentage to run windows.

press ctr, alt and del in that window go to processes........there you see a list of all workin apps and their RAM consumation.sort the list out and then you will see where your ram goes :D

enrole in a computer course - best advice given!!!

>Deleting a game >that takes up 64Mb of hard drive space (I assume we are >working in Mbs here)Enroll in a computer course dude :-) Mb = MegaBitMB = MegaByte64Mb = 7.8MBj/k, I'm just messing with ya. :( :-lolMatt

You seem to be confusing your memory and hard drive...

>i have been trying to clear out some disk space for fs2002 >but it doesnt seem to work, does ram come back?, be cause i >deleted a game that takes up 64 ram and i looked at how muc >ram i have and it hasnt change, i have defrag and it doesn't >seem to work. so my question is does ram come back? Epik..Disk SpaceI think you are confusing `hard disk space' and main memory (RAM). If you have insufficient hard drive `free space'.. buy another hard drive and connect it to the IDE interface. Personally I always like to buy a second hard drive JUST LIKE the original. If it had a 20GB Western Digital IDE drive.. then I lke to buy another identical one before they are `end of lifed' (not sold anymore).RAMAs for RAM.. 256 is about as `lite' as you'd want to go. Have done some `memory usage' studies via NT task manager and FS2002 can use 200 - 225 MB of memory. In running the Sim on a 256MB machine.. I noticed delays in switching views.. likely because secnery must be retreived form the PAGE file. On a machine with 512MB of RAM.. no swap file delays are noticed.SummaryBuy an additional hard drive and move all your `junk' over to it.. like those girly pictures you download ( grin ) and the install downloads, etc. Also.. mirror your important files to the 2nd drive. Then you will have enough room for FS2002.Cheers..!!Gregory Abbey - Edwinnengineering

Guest crashing_pilot

:-lol :-lol :-lol question.. : is everybody on this forum as serious a simmer as i am????answer.... : .... nooooope...... :(:-) :-lol :-lol :-) :( :(Tom van der ElstUhhhh.....well i've got no fancy line to type down here....if you know one....let me know...maybe i'll look smarter then *:-*DASH 7 FOREVER! :-bla