I run a RAID0 pair of drives, and back up to a 3rd HD configured as a stand-alone drive. I would like to create an image of C: on this 3rd drive, so that if either of the RAID0 drives go out I could jusr swap the SATA connectors and boot to this drive, then run my restore from my back-ups.Can anyone recommend an application to create an image of C: onto my 3rd drive? Thanks- Bruce.

Guest southie4

I believe that Casper is just what you need. Check out my post at a different forum by clicking on this link:http://forums.flightsim.com/dc/dcboard.php...id=28151&page=2RobertP IV 3.2 ghz, 2gb DDR ram,Intel D865GBF 800 FSB mobo, 512mg ATI Radeon x1650 Pro graphic card, 500gb & 160gb Seagate 7200 RPM Ultra ATA 100 hard drives, Win XP Home Edition, 19" ViewSonic E 90f+SB monitor, 450 ATX power supply and Saitek 52 throttle/joystick

Thanks Robert and Ayumi,Much appreciated. You both mentioned the Acronis product, which is what I use for back-ups and it's really good, so I might try this product too.Bruce.

Guest wayupthere

Hahaha ehh Bruce, names Davis :( Ayumi is my Boss :(

>Hey Bruce,>>Have a look here: http://www.acronis.com, I use TrueImage for>my Images, hasn't failed me yet.>Hi Davis, Could I ask you a quick question as you are a user of acronis and therefore might know the answer...A few days ago I was trying to transfer my two IDE disks to a pair of new SATAs... I downloaded the free trial of Trueimage Home 10 and was able to clone my secondary disk without any problems (160Gb IDE to 150Gb SATA). However, when I came to do the same for my system disk (80Gb IDE to 150Gb SATA) there was a problem: The program did all the usual but then after it had locked the drive and checked the image, it went straight to a screen that said "congratulations, the clone process is complete" (or something like that) but it had written nothing to the new disk! I tried several different methods including making a partition of the same size first and also running chkdsk but id just didn't want to play! In the end I used a different method through XXclone but am still intrigued by the acronis problem - if I can solve it I might be interested in buying a copy for backup use...My first thought was that it might be a limitation of the free copy but the website says it is not limited. Do you have any ideas on this or similar experiences?Cheers,Geoff Cooper

Guest wayupthere

Hey Geoff,Hmmm, never happend to me,right now im very buisy but what i'll do is when later tonight i'll have some free time. I'll try to have a look and see if i can re-create your problem. Will get back to you, if i for whatever reason forget (we are nearing the final days of touring) remind me. ;)

Cheers. Don't trouble yourself much over it if you are busy. I have got the system working now using the other program... I just don't like to leave a problem without knowing what was wrong :)Gwoff

Guest wayupthere

Hey Geoff,Yeah i know, however like i said I've never experienced it, so i kinda do want to find out what might be causing it, you "just incase knowledge" :) hehe... haven't had time yet but will let you know my findings.