Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

HELP! I think my computer is a goner!

AMD 64 FX-55and i am running fs9i went to install fscopilot1.6 and fsinn1.2 adn then i went to try to hook up on vatsim - and poof my compter went blank - I couldn't even alt-tab out of it - nothing - so I rebooted then it came up with some error message saying it couldn't close out some software adn I clicked ok then I get the blue screen of death.now - let me first say I dont' think it had anythign to do with Vatsim, copilot fsinn, etc - everything was working great on my computer and my wifes computer - about 2 days ago my wife wanted to watch a tv show on abc.com - so we went to there website and we got a notice saying that they have upgraded there new video player (we have been watching stuff from them before and have not had any problems in the past) - so we launched it and soon it crashed and hung up her computer - then later that evening she got the BSoD several times - I cleaned all the dust and dirt out and it finally booted up and I ran chkdsk and all was goodso then I said why dont i try running the abc.com player on my pooter - well it worked really well we thought all is good and that her computer couldnt' handle the new player - well then yesterday I was surfing along on the net and boom - BSoD! - rebooted and I ran AVGfree virus and found a trojan horse in java and I deleted that and all was fineand that leads me up to this morning - so our problems didn't start until we both ran the new updated version of abc.com video player to watch there tv showsany ideas?I'm on my pooter at work - so I can read messages here - thanksbrian Sciao!Brian S`

Ciao!

Guest dpc

If you are running XP, do a system restore to the point before you installed the player. That should do the trick for you if it is related to the player.

yes i am running xp but of course I have shut off system restore all together - but at this point it doesn't matter because i cant even boot up to the desktop anymore.i was thinking maybe i could make a reboot cd from my wifes pooter and see if i can reboot on that in mine? - now that I say that I don't even know how to make a rebootable cd?ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest wayupthere

Brian there is a way to get you back in and recover from "dead" XP installs. If you want let me know ill send you the file. Its an bootable ISO we use in our IT dept. to recover.

Guest wayupthere

Mail has been send Brian, CCd to you also.