I have recently upgraded a few things in my computer and this includes the cooling system - I now have my AMD X2 4800+ running 3.06GHz at only 40 degrees under continuous load ;) I'm still messing around with the RAM settigns though and I have a question: Does anyone have an idea which of the following speeds should be better from an FS perspective:2 x 1Gb DDR PC3200 running at 167Mhz at CAS = 2.5vs. The same RAM running around 200MHz but down to CAS = 3.0Any idea? It might be a silly question but I'll take the risk :) I think I'll test with both just to make sure it's stable...Geoff

Ok, it doesn't matter anymore - the 200MHz C3.0 configuration is not prime stable over 12 hours but the 166Mhz C2.5 configuration is so I'll stick with that. Geoff

Guest wayupthere

Geoff,what brand is your RAM, and did you increase the Vram?.

Hi,The RAM is a 2Gb (2x1Gb) set from SuperTalent - not the fastes but what I could afford back in the day... It is supposed to be able to run 200Mhz at 3-3-3-8 (I think) or 166Mhz at 2.5-3-3-7. Vram is at board max which I think is 2.8. Board is ASUS A8V - again not as good as I would buy now but this is an evolving system ;)Currently the stable setting I have is 12x250=3000MHz with CPU/18 divider to give RAM at 166.66MHz. This is stable at 2.5-2-2-7 while the alternative divider of CPU/15 gives 200MHz (which should work!) but fails Prime95 within a few hours!Geoff

Guest wayupthere

Hehe ok Geoff, no i was just wondering if you did increase the Vram. But since you already are at board-max, your unlikely be able to make it stable at the other setting you tried. ST memory is known for not being that OCable. :)Have a nice day.