Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sean Reeder

Core 2 quad

Guest Sean Reeder

Anyone running the core 2 quad Q6600? If so what are the rest of your specs and what kind of performance do you have in FSX?

I'm looking into the same thing right now... altough some recc. the Q6600, FSX doesn't support quad cores, but it does support dual so (along with many other programs/games) so I think i'm going to rule out the Q6600 and go with either a E6600 or a E6400 and put the rest on a better mobo or some extra RAM... I just don't know if the extra 2mb cache and 300mhz extra is worth the extra 40 bux

Guest wayupthere

6400 vs 6600. The cache doesn't make much difference. The reason why the extra 2MB would come in handy is when you are planning to run rendering intensive 3D types of programs and if you want to be ready for possible future applications made to utilize that larger cache. Some justify that for spending the extra money. Or you can get the 6400 oc it to 6600 speeds and save the rest of your cash for other hardware. (or spend it on your wife, girlfriend, secretary, mistress etc.... )

Guest baksteen33

>>(or spend it on your wife, girlfriend, secretary, mistress etc.... )<< LOL, hows about some good music?!? :-) Kind regards Jaap

Guest wayupthere

Hahaha true,.. well ehmmmm you can always buy some Hamasaki CD+DVDs :(

Guest baksteen33

Oh come on, Davis! You mean that band which is currently touring Japan with those terrible sound and light fx guys?!? :-) :-) Hows about some Dixie Chicks? :-) O(n)T, maybe we have to wait for AMD's what they call 'true quads' to see real differences? C2D Qs are double twin-cores after all. Kind regards Jaap

Guest wayupthere

Hahahaha, well for now, were done anyway..On the road since March, time for rest and meetings for the next tour. ;) Never heard of the Dixie Chicks, but some googling helped me out :( i still vote for Ayu :(OT. Yeah, my feelings exactly, personally not keen into getting a quad, so soon after the duals launched, it has the "WOW" factor granted but not only the lack of SW right now supporting/requiring it ,but theres is still plenty to look forward to CPU wise.. TrueQuad and the 45nm to name but a few..BTW: did you get my email, or is my ISP acting up again?.