Sign in to follow this  
Guest ruby

HELP FELLOW SIMMERS!!!!!!

Guest ruby

Hello everyone, my name is Ruby. I need your help with a problem i'm having. I got a GIGABYTE Nvidia Mobo, AMD 64 X2 5200, 2 gigs worth of Patriot ram. The EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS video card a 600 watt power from ULTRA and a 250 gig Maxtor SATA HDD. Now heres my problem. I've looked everywhere to look for answers and no one can help. When I started my CPU I formatted the drive and started the CPU through the WINDOWS XP CD. But when the CPU restarted with the HDD the CPU restarts it self and never goes to XP. It will just keep restarting and restarting over and over again. The BIOS is picking up the HDD because I can see it at the bigging of the startup. Can anyone help PLEASE!!!!!!!

Hello,I had a problem a while back with my PC restarting itself after a few seconds on startup, I found out it was my PSU, which wasn't delivering enaugh continous power.Try running memtest (http://www.memtest.org) to check your RAM for errors.Good luck! ;)

Guest wayupthere

Be sure there's not dust or whatever that making your system kicking in the thermal protection. If theres no dust, take out ONE of the DIMMS and boot, see if it does go through all the way. It could be that one of your DIMMS has generated errors. If it still doesn't boot put the DIMM back in and run MEMTEST (burn the downloaded .ISO to cd, or copy the other fileformat to floppy-disk) whichever type you use and boot from it, have it run for quite some passes and see if any errors come up of the screen. If there are no issues, it could be that your PSU is flaky. IF you are handy, you can test the PSU yourself by following the steps here: http://www.ochardware.com/articles/psuvolt/psuvolt.html or see if you can borrow another PSU to see if that will do it.NOTE: be sure to UN-plug your un-necessary USB devices (ofcourse keep you USB mouse/keyboard connected if you tuse them) that you might have connected, Some peripherals (like some USB Printers and Scanners) don't like to be connected during an XP installation.

Guest ruby

Ok guys thanks for the help. I'm gonna try running the test and i'll keep you guys informed on what happens. I'm also gonna try to borrow a IDE HDD to see how that works.

Guest baksteen33

Hi Ruby, was the drive partitioned before you plugged it in? This sometimes happens if the drive is partitioned the wrong way. FWIW, best would probaly be to attach an empty, non-active HD and then let the OS-install do the format. Hope this adds to thoughts, kind regards Jaap

Guest lenly

Hi, Idont know if this is in the right place, but, I have downloaded PMDG 0706 and installed it but it don

Guest lenly

I did that and it is installed in a folder named FMCWP but it dont work in PMDG, I've tried to transfer it to SIDSTAR but that didn#t work either.....

Guest wayupthere

From the NAVDATA page a while back.To install the NAVDATA for the fmc:1: Download and install the PMDG All-In-One installer2: Install the navdata into the following directory: FS/FMCWP/NAVDATA (create the NAVDATA directory yourself)2: Download the appropriate SID/STAR database3: Place all the SID/STAR files into the FS/PMDG/SIDSTARS directory. If all attempts fail, post at the PMDG forum or contact PMDG directly like Jaap said.BTW: Morning Jaap ;)

Guest baksteen33

Good morning, Davissan. :-) Hopefully fitting a 2900XT tonight... :-abductWill get back to you ASAP. Be well, Jaap

Guest lenly

Hi, I did this.... 2: Install the navdata into the following directory: FS/FMCWP/NAVDATA (create the NAVDATA directory yourself)2: Download the appropriate SID/STAR database3: Place all the SID/STAR files into the FS/PMDG/SIDSTARS directory.but the SID/STARS are still Aug.05And when I try to get the PMDG Forum it brings back to here....Where next?

Guest wayupthere

>And when I try to get the PMDG Forum it brings back to here....Well yeah, they heave their own forum section here on the board, so post a message there about your issue.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=136OR,Goto the navdata forum, and post it there, if that even fails to answer your question use this: http://navdata.at/php/home/contact.phpFill that form out, (if you ofcourse legally bought your 07 cycle) ;)Hope that will help you along,

Guest wayupthere

Ohayo Jaapsan ;)Haha cool, well if you do get it up and running, i doubt you'll be posting here soon, you'll be too busy playing the sim with it ;)Take care man,

Guest baksteen33

Ohayo Davis, >>if you do get it up and running...<< LOL Yeah, 'smart' me decided to muck around with bios before going ahead... The machine simply wouldn't boot after exchanging the PSU! Spent hours 'fixing' it... :-) Otherwise, I'm not sure what to make of it yet, something's holding it back. It's on one of the dev-systems which must be totally messed up with hundreds of installs and uninstalls. As is, it's significantly slower than the X1950pro on Cat 7.1. These kind of things are the reason why I usually recommend using well matured hardware over the latest and the greatest. Latest and greatest is often asking to jump through hoops. :-) Anyway, will keep you posted, Davis. Kind regards from a hoop-jumper :-) Jaap