Guest wayupthere

Hey Nicolas,Well regarding the shimmering, thats been around for quite some time now with the last line of Nvidia drivers, however with a little tweaking here and there you can/should be able to minimize (and many users have successfully done so) its effects. Performance-wise, like i said in my first post, the 7950 GT KO is pretty much on par with the X1950 and a little lower than the 7900GTX, so in the end the only real thing what it comes down to, is your personal preference do you go ATI or NVIDIA. I personally wouldn't consider the 7600, when having the others in mind. Not that its not a good card, its a great GPU, but just gives lower performance than the others, and since your sticking with FS9 for a while longer I wouldn't consider getting a budget/interim GPU. As far as VRAM, id go with a 512 version, now granted that a single monitor setup is happy with 256MB of VRAM (FS9), I personally like the option of having the ability down the line of running an even higher resolution than planned, so at that time the extra VRAM does come in handy, and the extra VRAM does help cut down on loading times even more(textures etc..). Both ATI and NVIDIA do make solid GPUs pros and cons for both and I know there are so many choices, one could feel like drowning it them. Suggest you have a browse here: http://www.gpureview.com and http://www.anandtech.com/video maybe that will help you narrowing your choice at little more.Please for your own good stay away from tomshardware.com and their reviews, as they are one of the most biased places.

Guest wayupthere

Hey Abe,Haha, well yeah..but man what a nice difference though, I've been sitting behind this "monster" now for a few hours tweaking the colors and what not. Right now Im actually still trying to find a comfortable setup, currently I have the 57" straight in-front of me (some 30" away), with the 24", skewed to the right of it.The problem that i have now, since the screen is so big i need to re-arrange everything here,my Intimus speakers took up alot of room before, so now are lacking even more space. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to placement of audio/video HW (blame my job) LOLSoo in short, I sort of haven't set it up yet ;) once i have I'll give you short review about the screen.

Davis,(once i have I'll give you short review about the screen)Sounds great. I think that you and I have made the right choice with going BIG rather than having multiple 19" or 21" monitors. One flowing picture is much better than a bunch of interrupting borders.You enjoy. And I enjoy.Abe

Wayupthere,I'm looking at that DFI mobo, and I was just curious what you like so much about it? I'm thinking about getting the MSI P6N-FI myself...I also can't decide if I want 4400 or 4300... It seems like they are very friendly to some OCing and the price that I save from a say 6400 can be put towards a better GPU in the later months :)ew, I just noticed that thing has a intel chipset too :(Plus, what is it with EVERYONE on the review complaining abut the squeling noise?

Guest wayupthere

DFIs are THE overclock kings, they have the most tweakable options BIOSwise, and go (if the user knows how to) further with OC, where most current mid-range, even-some high-end mobos cut-out. (Unlocked FSB,unlocked MP, easy voltage settings etc..) With one of the exceptions being the Asus strikerline and a few others. DFIs are pretty much standard for me, have used them for so long i can't even remember when I got the first one. As to the noise, when you get a mobo thats DOA, or semi-DOA, or your overclocking without proper knowledge as to how to do it and pushing it TOO far, you can get/have "screaming" capacitors. Most likely thats what the users are experiencing, which is a well known thing that can happen, not just to DFIs. As for me I have NEVER had any issues with DFIs. always worked, i have a few running in my backroom, they have been running 24/7 for more than a year now without powering down crunching data for SETI so you can imagine how stable they are. The ones that did die on me, were due to me blowing them up when pushing some to 5Ghz and over. (extreme-cooled)As far as that MSI, Im not really fond of them, Ive had a few, but never got them as far as i would have liked to see them go without having them blow smoke, they aren't extremely bad, but Ive definatly had better ones.The one you want is an o.k mid-rage stable mobo which does help clear MSIs name due to their past releasing mobos with many issues, with that P6N, what I personally don't like is, for me a lack of BIOS options, while there are enough, it still doesn't give the freedom that DFIs do, the placement of of the SATA connectors on the board, specially with two big GPUs its gets pretty tight when wanting to run SLI, and i would have liked to have seen the SB being actively cooled instead of the passive choice, and also the NB instead of the use of a heat-pipe, since when OCing things do tend to run hot at those spots.So if your not an extreme overclocker and/or tweaker, the board should do you good.As far as those CPUs, give this a read: http://www.techspot.com/review/40-core2-e4...king/page6.htmlgood informative overview that hopefully help you clearing up any questions you might have.

Guest wayupthere

Yeah, I think alike, The shots posted here from users using the TripleHead are nice, but personally for me i couldn't stand having monitor borders cutting the overall image.

wayupthee, can ya IM me?razorseal@hotmail.com or razorseal on aim.I'm about to go ahead and order the parts, you def seem to know your stuff, i'd like you to help me out while I order this stuff, so hopefulyl it gets shipped asap :) That EVGA looks VERY impressive... so I can't decide to go with the DFI, or the EVGA (or the asus that I chose, which is considerably cheaper)

Guest wayupthere

Added you on MSN |Emir :)