Hi,I have a big problem : even by activating Antialiasing to maximum in my graphic card settings, there's still some aliasing.My card is an Asus ATI Radeon X1950Pro.I had no such problem until a week ago, when this aliasing suddenly appeared as I changed my drivers for the last Catalyst 7.5. Before, I used the Omega drivers, and everything was fine.But now, even by reinstalling the drivers which worked for me before, this aliasing still appears.Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this?My specs : C2D E6600, Radeon X1950Pro, 2Go DDR, HD 7200tr/min.Thank you very much!

Guest wayupthere

Two things:1:Are you sure, that all old traces from your previous driver install are gone, (using DriverCleaner, CCleaner as optional cleaner)? Rebuild FS9.cfg + RE-installed DirectX. and Optionally, (but i'd recomend it anyway) 2:Have a look here: http://www.guru3d.com/article/atitraytools/189/Try see when using TrayTools if you issues persist. That will give you more headway, AA/AF wise then the standard Catalyst settings/options.

Thank you for your answer.Each time I installed a new driver, I do the following : uninstall via 'Windows 'uninstall panel', uninstall devices via Windows control panel, reboot in safe mode, clean thanks to DriverCleaner, reboot in normal mode, install new drivers, reboot, delete FS9.cfg, and test.I also tried to reinstall DX9, but it didn't change anything.I used TrayTools, trying most of the features it proposes...I hope I will find a solution!Thank you!

Guest wayupthere

Hmm ok, but IIRC don't the Omega driver have their own installer too?, meaning a separate installer besides the line in the XP uninstall manager?

Hum... I didn't see anything like that... ?The strange thing is that this problem happens now even with the drivers which worked perfectly before... so the "remaining files" could be the point... but I couldn't find anything left.Thanks!

Guest wayupthere

Well I could be wrong, might be the Xtreme-Gs that have that, havent used tweaked ones in a while. In any case there is an option/program to totally remove directX, google for that, and then re-install a clean version of it. Maybe that helps.

Roger wayupthere, I'll try to remove completely DX vbefore reinstalling it... (I tried to reinstall DX, but I've done it without uninstalling before, since I read that it could be dangerous)Thanks!

Guest wayupthere

Just be careful, I haven't done it myself, but have seen it done on some systems. If you in doubt, dont do it.. just read up on Google before you ultimately decide to do or not do so.

Hi,I tried to uninstall DirectX, but it was quite weird...In fact, DX erradicator doesn't work ("error"), so I tried some other softwares.Only one managed to remove DX9 apparently, and to replace it by DX8.1. But then, when trying to reinstall DX9c, I saw it didn't work... (it remained 8.1 version)So I got back to windows' state before I tried to uninstall DX, and everything seems to work normally... except this annoying aliasing!I noticed that this aliasing problem doesn't occur only in FS, but in other games I have too. (FarCry, HL2)Could it be that my card is KO? (that'd be strange... no?)Thank you very much!

Guest wayupthere

Hmmm.... Instead of using TrayTools, give RivaTuner ago.

Hi,I installed Rivatuner, but don't know which settings could give results. I didn't find AA or AF settings, is that normal?Sorry for being that ignorant, but I'm not used to changing the settings other than AA and AF... :(Furthermore, the strange point is that before, only adjusting AA and AF what enough to make the display normal.Thank you very much for your kind help!

Guest wayupthere

Its very strange that your setting disappeared all of a sudden. But yeah it could be that your OS install somehow got messed up, and with issues like directx, a re-install of the OS should fix it, id be surprised if it didnt.

Hey,Back from a format and XP reinstall.WayUpThere, I think you'll be surprised, because the problem isn't fixed :'( :'( :'(I still have this ******* aliasing remaining...Could it be that my graphic card is out of order?Thank you!

Guest wayupthere

Hmm, well anything can happen, although before stating that that is the ultimate source,confirm this is ONLY with fs, or when you run other games/benchmarks, the same thing happens? Ohh and did you in the past OC that 1950?.