Sign in to follow this  
NicolasCYOW

I'm getting bad aliasing...

...but not when I use FS2004's in-game antialiasing, which makes everything looks much smoother. However, I believe that with my 8800GTS's 16x antialising, I wouldn't need FS2004's in-game antialiasing - if it's not on, then there's jaggies everywhere. And I read in every tweaking guide that FS2004's antialiasing should be turned off (which would give me jaggies). Any ideas? I'm running 158.22, by the way.Nicolas in CYOW

Guest wayupthere

Hi Nicolas,Are we talking about Vista or XP?. I have the .22 running XP/FS9 + Nhancer and no AA check in FS, just in nHancer.Im not having the issues your mentioning. Are you using nHancer or RivaTuner?.

Davis:I'm running XP, and running FS at 1280x1024 (same as desktop resolution). Since everyone and his dog is talking about nHancer, I guess I'm going to give it a try. But I wonder whether nHancer will make any difference...Thanks for the advice; I'll let you know how it turns out.Nicolas in CYOW

OK, problem solved (fingers crossed). I played with the settings and something happened (one symptom being that the aircraft selection window is now black, which wasn't the case before, but now there are also no in-game issues). Finally, FS is smooth and fun again.Nicolas in CYOW

Guest wayupthere

Good that its solved, yeah that black window is due to Nvidia's lack of willpower to fix their drivers when displaying hi AA/AF. In anycase its a minor inconvenience, as long as AA/AF works fine in the sim itself we will just have to learn to live with it when being on Nvidia hardware.