Sign in to follow this  

BEFORE COB TONIGHT -- TB20GT AVAILABLE!

Yes!I have it from Fr. Bill that before he hits the sheets tonght and closes shop the TB20GT will be uploaded to AVSIM. He will also place it on his server.Stay up late or get up early in the morning! After your first daylight checkride, make a flight at night in the fantastic night lighted virtual cockpit. The bar has been rasied on quality once again! -- And it is FREE and ALL of the source data will be available for you!BobA PROUD member of the "Factory Aircraft Rebuilders Technology" team.

I haven't flown it yet but from the pictures it looks awesome!!!

Guest Grey_Wolf

I'm flying the sucker right now, Nice VERY nice! Freeware like this is just outstanding. There is a few visual model bugs but basically trivial. They did upload a aircraft.cfg update, so keep an eye out for that as well. Having fun!Grey_Wolf

The team understands the need to enhance the outside visuals and will have a paint kit and new textures available within 90 days. Additional information is availaable at:http://mtco.com/~rsam/TBPublic.htmThank you for your assistance.BobA PROUD member of "Factory Aircraft Rebuilders Technology Systems".

All Does this A/C have a VC? If so, how does it compare to other payware VC's. Such as the Cheyenne or the SF260 or the DF Arrow?TksBobG

The 3D cockpit with the night lighting by FR. Bill IS THE FANTASTIC feature of this FREE aircraft.We can't afford those expensive aircraft on a retiree budget so others will have to help you on that one. I will assure you the bar for free aircraft has been raised several levels in one release.See more about it here:http://mtco.com/~rsam/TBPublic.htmFr. Bill has ran out of BW. ;-(Besure and scroll down to see all the information available.Bob

Guest jason2112

It's freeware, so just checke it out! But in my very unimportant opinion, this VC, just like the Robin's, still can't compare with some of the payware VCs, especially the SF.260 or DF Cardinal. But freeware VCs are improving, so maybe we will see freeware planes in the future that reach this extremely high level. Personally, I absolutely cannot imagine a VC that would be better than the SF.260, it just so unbelievably great! But some others on the same level would definitely be a wonderful thing!Just my 2c (EUR)!Bye,VOlker :]

Guest Grey_Wolf

Let me asure you I was not criticizing the aircraft. Its a wonderful piect of work. Any updates I will look forward to as well as repaints. again this is one of the best aircraft I have downloaded for Fs2k2 and what bugs there are are trivial.A side note in general about DVC, on the past few aircraft I've downloaded, the turn coordinador is obscured in the VC by the yoke. I know it requires a new model to remove the yoke. but I'd like to suggest using a key asignment be assigned to move or remove the yoke for the sake of gauge visibility, such as a tail hook command, air brakes or shift E3 or something along those lines.great work, thanks!Having FunGrey_Wolf

>A side note in general about DVC, on the past few aircraft >I've downloaded, the turn coordinador is obscured in the VC >by the yoke. I know it requires a new model to remove the >yoke. but I'd like to suggest using a key asignment be >assigned to move or remove the yoke for the sake of gauge >visibility, such as a tail hook command, air brakes or shift >E3 or something along those lines. >>great work, thanks! Thanks. I don't believe that there is a way to make the yoke 'disappear' in the VC, but I'll certainly try to figure out a way! :)On behalf of the entire team, I thank you!2,036 downloads, and still counting! :) Yikes!

>It's freeware, so just checke it out! But in my very >unimportant opinion, this VC, just like the Robin's, still >can't compare with some of the payware VCs, especially the >SF.260 or DF Cardinal. But freeware VCs are improving, so >maybe we will see freeware planes in the future that reach >this extremely high level. Personally, I absolutely cannot >imagine a VC that would be better than the SF.260, it just >so unbelievably great! But some others on the same level >would definitely be a wonderful thing! Well, I'll have to accept your personal judgement on this one, since I've never seen any of those 'payware' a/c's panels except in screenshots.That said, until I designed this VC, I'd never seen one that I liked well enough to spend more than a few moments in...Also, please take into consideration that this is the very first aircraft model anyone on the team has ever built...So, things can only get better hopefully! :)

Guest jason2112

Sorry Bill, I really did not want to put your work down!!! I really was not sure about answering the question above about a comparison of your work with the SF.260, because it really isn't fair to criticize anybody who's giving away something he has worked on for endless hours for free! And I don't want my remarks to seem like criticism (tough word ;)), because exactly as you say, your VC is one that can by used for the whole flight without problems! And that's still not the common case in freeware design.Argh, again a sentence that could be interpreted as talking bad about freeware design. And I definitely don't want to do that! I have aobut 1 GB of freeware planes downloaded from AVSIM, I have flown them all at least once, and the variety, and in the very most cases, quality of these planes is simply great!As a long time Linux user I was always extremely annoyed that in the Windows world, even the simplest and smallest programs were sold as shareware for at least 30$. I am so glad that the FS community is different, that people have fun creating what they do, and they like sharing it with others. When somebody decides to spend his whole time designing for FS, I have no problem paying a few dollars for that, too, because even these prices are normally very fair, compared to the obvious amount of work invested.Without the FS freeware community in general and AVSIM escpecially, I would have never developed such a passion for flightsimming! Thank you all, and sorry for this long text, but I simply wanted to assure the creators of the Socata that I really appreciate their work!Bye,VOlker :]

>As a long time Linux user I was always extremely annoyed >that in the Windows world, even the simplest and smallest >programs were sold as shareware for at least 30$. I am so >glad that the FS community is different, that people have >fun creating what they do, and they like sharing it with >others. When somebody decides to spend his whole time >designing for FS, I have no problem paying a few dollars for >that, too, because even these prices are normally very fair, >compared to the obvious amount of work invested. >>Without the FS freeware community in general and AVSIM >escpecially, I would have never developed such a passion for >flightsimming! Thank you all, and sorry for this long text, >but I simply wanted to assure the creators of the Socata >that I really appreciate their work! Oh my! Please do not feel as though you have offended any of us! I certainly did not take your comments as such. You simply offered an honest, subjective answer to a legitimate question.One of the most important points of all this that I'd like to bring out on the table though, is the issue of 'knowledge sharing.'Until recently, there hasn't been widespread 'sharing' of information, even amongst 'freeware' developers! Hence, the 'tricks' and 'techniques' had to be continuously reinvented by each author, with the ultimate result that the entire fs community has had to suffer with mediocre aircraft, panels and VC's.For obvious reasons, payware developers are not the least bit interested in sharing their hard won 'secrets.' After all, their very livelihood depends upon having something unique, and just on the 'cutting edge' of fs design.We at the F.A.R.T.S., noInc. Team are committed to the concept of 'Open Sharing' of whatever knowledge we gain during development, so that we can hopefully raise the level of quality for 'freeware' in general. We think that it is entirely unproductive to force every new developer to constantly 'reinvent the wheel!'The other members of the team and I spend almost as much time helping other people with their projects as we do on our own... ;)Thanks for providing me an opportunity to expand on these thoughts!