Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scratch1964

Which 24" Monitor ???

Guest Scratch1964

Am contemplating buying a 24" TFT monitor. It will be used for both FS9/FSX as well as DVD, office and graphic design applications.Thus far I have considered the following models:Samsung 244TSamsung 245BWDell 2407WFPI understand the Samsung 244T to be a very high quality display, and given Samsung's good name in the display market wondered how the much cheaper TN panel of the Syncmaster 245BW fares against MVA/PVA panels.Certainly visual quality is important, although I do feel that the 244T is perhaps more than I am likely to pay for a display.Anyone have good or bad experiences with a 24" monitor?Thanks in advance.Scratch1964Intel Conroe E6700Asus P5W DH DeluxeCorsair 2GB DDR2 RAM 800MHz640MB Palit Geforce 8800GTSSeagate Barracuda 320GB 16MB Cache HDD2x Seagate Baracuda 320GB HDD RAID 0LG HSA10 DVD RAMWinXP SP2

Guest wayupthere

Take the ViewSonic VX2435wm or BenQ FP241W, in consideration ;)Comparison to the ones on your list:ViewSonic:The 244T has the same contrast ratio 1000:1 as the ViewSonic, But has a lower Response time, ViewSonic is 8ms vs. 244T 10ms.The 245BW has the same contrast ratio of 1000:1 as the viewSonic and is a littler faster with Response time it being 5ms vs. ViewSonics 8ms. The 245BW just doesnt have an HDMI port, something that the ViewSonic does have as it is a FullHD ready screen..BenQ FP241W:Ill let the review speak for itself ;)http://www.trustedreviews.com/displays/rev...reen-Monitor/p1

I've been running two BenQ FP241WZ's for a while now and they've been quite good.Alot of people seem to like the LG 24" screens as well (uses same A-MVA panel as the BenQ)The Samsung's are ok, but nothing special. The 244T is decent but has more lag in on screen mouse response compared to others, has less features and costs more than even the BenQ.The 245BW uses a TN panel if I'm not mistaking and in all honesty I'd stay away from 24" screens with TN panels. (Your just asking for some bad viewing angle issues there).There's loads of 24" panels entering the market now & they aren't all equal. Your going to really have to do your research & ultimately decide which one will best fit your needs.Cheers :)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg