Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sean Reeder

performance going down with overclock.

Guest Sean Reeder

I have an e6600 with 2 gigs of ram and a 7600gt. I have my e6600 at 3 ghz with 1.4v. Before I overclocked, i had steady frames locked at 30 with all high settings and 1680x1050. Now with my 36600 at 3 ghz i get 10 FPS on the ground. Anything that might fix this?

Guest baksteen33

Hi Sean, at the risk of sounding repetitious ;-) maybe heat related. Perhaps your CPU is throttling down? Another possibility could be AA/AF kicked in differently? Super- and Multisampling make huge differences i.e. Which FS version? Kind regards Jaap

Guest wayupthere

Hey Sean,Could well be that your CPU is throttling down, what cooler are you using? Also did you increase the DIMM voltage? if so so how high and do you have adequate cooling there? another thing,that 76er is it overclocked as well? could be also throttling down due to heat if it is. Is it PCIe? If so with the overclock did you lock you PCIe-bus?

Guest Robin R.

Test your memory bandwidth -- all too often I see people overclock and get higher bus speeds only to see their RAM take a nose dive. You need to balance both RAM and CPU speeds Sandra Sisoft and other tools can measure memory bandwidth and latency and more -- great tools for discovering if your overclocking is actually better or worse.Robin.