Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flybyme

Tips for HD and SW...pleaseee

Guest Flybyme

Ciao to all,I'm changing my pc and needed few tips..-wich monitor u suggest bigger than a 19" and max 24"(I have now a Sony 19" 4/3 1280x1024) and not "wide" screen so to avoid the squeezing of the gauges...???-wich drivers are best for the Video card 8800 GTX 725Mb..???-is trackIr worth???-are DX10 worth with FS9 and FSX?And wich requirements do they need?Thax for any suggestion..PacoXP ProFS2004737 and 747 PMDG777 and 757 PSSLevel-D 767ASVItaly

Guest wayupthere

Paco,>>which monitor u suggest bigger than a 19" and max 24"What size DO you want?, there are so many, if you say one specific size it makes it easier to recommend a screen.>>which drivers are best for the Video card 8800 GTX 725Mb..?Overkill, get yourself a 640GTS, more than enough if you only use a single monitor, saves you some money. (regarding this 8800 DX10 GPU, read the last part about you asking about DX10)>>is TrackIr worth???YES, very much worth it, that said this http://freetrack.online.fr/english/ has recently shown up, suppose to be the same as TrackIR but free. I havent used it, but worth a look.>>Is DX10 worth with FS9 and FSX? And which requirements do they need?Only you can judge if DX10 is worth it for you, search online for DX9 vs DX10 comparisons, and make your own conclusion. Two things, FS9 does not use DX10, furthermore DX10 will require you to have Vista as it will not be supported by your XP install.

Guest Flybyme

Thanx a lot...I thougt about a 22" monitor...but I'm used at a 4/3 flat Sony...most flat monitors today are "wide"..but I'll get "squashed gauges" in this case...correct?So either I keep my 19" 4/3 monitor or I get a 22" wide one that gives me squashed gauges...?;o(Paco

Guest wayupthere

Paco,Non-widescreens are getting harder and harder to come by, but the only time you'll have "gauge-issues" on a widescreen is when using the 2D panel, now if you mainly a VC-Flyer, you'll soon forget about the 2D, specially when you use TrackIR. However if your mainly a 2D flyer, it might bother you.As far as screens, first foremost follow this rule Screensize and GPU go together.My personal choice monitor-wise, Viewsonic,iiyama,BenQ and some LG's have always done well for me. Just stay away from TN-panels (view-angle issues), get preferably an A-MVA panel type.Oh and Paco, read,read and read the rest in the other post about DX10, If you do intend to go that route, your XP installation is useless if you want to use DX10 you WILL need Vista.

Guest Flybyme

Ciao,thanx and thanx again for your help...What do u think about a Samsung 226BW wide??Seems cool..it's a 22" monitor...I also thought on getting Triplehead2Go...but then I need to get 3 same monitors (that's lots of money) and I guess the minumun should be 19"...other wise would be no sense having Triplehead2go on 17"...correct?And what If a get a 22" and the 2 other side monitor are 17" or 19"???Would it look wierd???;o)In final the question is...getting a single 22" or going for 3 19" with Triplehead2go and in this case expect to lower my bank account?Paco

Guest wayupthere

Hi PAco,>>What do u think about a Samsung 226BW wide??Well the Samsungs aren't bad, there have however been issues with customers getting an A version panel, instead of a "fixed" S version.The A versions seem to have quite alot of visual issues, bleeding, ghosting and what not.(If you do want that screen, best to confirm with the shipper, or go to the store yourself confirming your getting the S)IMO, and purely my taste, go with either an LG, Viewsonic or BenQ. pretty much the same as my other post regarding screens above.--->>And what If a get a 22" and the 2 other side monitor are 17" or 19"???Would it look wierd???As far as with the T2G, well, visually, three the same sizes would look more pleasing to the eyes, however having two 17s or 19s on the side of a bigger 22, would work just fine also. Depends more on your wishes and how you want the setup to look.--->>other wise would be no sense having Triplehead2go on 17"...correct?Well thats purely up to you, I mean 17s work fine, but ofcourse the bigger the screen is better/easier it is to read using a higher res.--->>In final the question is...getting a single 22" or going for 3 19" with Triplehead2go and in this case expect to lower my bank account?Sorry I don't really understand what your saying, but yeah, having to buy three screens, will cost more if thats what your trying to say.