This may make some folks laugh here, but it's an honest question I don't know the answer to. After almost 5 years, I've reached the upgrade limit on my trusty ol' P4 3.2GHz system. With various tweaking and such, it has served me well. But it's time to move on. But....My old system has the SB Audigy card in it. It has a gameport connection. All my flightsim controllers (CH Yoke, FighterStick USB, Pro Throttle, etc) are USB and that is not a problem. But my over $500 TSW wheel/pedal combo for my racing sims (which still works fine) has a gameport connector on it.I was a little shocked to discover that all the newer sound cards, mobo's, etc don't have gameport connectors anymore. USB is the standard it seems now. I really don't want (or need) to toss out my TSW (or pay to have it upgraded to USB) as it works fine. So I'm wondering what other options I may have.1. Would I really be losing anything by just putting the SB Audigy into my new system and having the gameport connection available with it?2. Is there anything like a gameport adapter or USB-to-gameport adapter I could use? Searching the 'net I haven't seen anything like this.

Rick Ryan

Guest wayupthere

Hi Falcon,If you want to put your Audigy in your other system, thats fine, although if you want to run it it Vista you might need to buy (yes buy, creative decided one needs to pay to get the Achemy Vista upgrade) a driver upgrade from creative in order to get back the accelerated audio for DirectSound3D games if you own any that requires that.Without that ALchemy driver most DS3 games running in Vista will get stereo output without any EAX effects. or,http://www.radioshack.com/sm-usb-to-game-p...pi-2133180.htmlhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176864.jpg

Thanks for the info. I'm just going to stay with the Audigy for now then, in as much as I am also going to stay with WinXP for now. I've got too much invested in my FS9 setup and addons now to make the plunge to FSX. Will probably do the Vista and FSX plunge sometime next year when everything in those two areas "settles down" a bit and I see what type of addons, patches, etc develop over the next 6 - 9 months. My new computer will be able to handle it all then...I just don't want to go down that path yet.Nice to know about the USB to gameport adapter. Strange thing is I swear I did a GOOGLE search using something like "gameport to USB adapter" and it came up blank. Oh well....Thanks for the info!FalconAF

Rick Ryan