Sign in to follow this  
brucek

WinXP. Desktop unclickable after using IE7.

I find that in several recent instances after having been on-line (IE7, WinXP SP2), and then quitting IE, that my desktop becomes unclickable. All I can do is click "Start", which brings up the first menu, but I can go no further than that, and the menu items (such as "log off" and "turn off computer") also don't work. The only solution is to reset the computer. Has anyone seen this before?Thanks, Bruce

Guest wayupthere

Hey Bruce,When it becomes un-clickable. Can you still right-click and other things? There have been some instances with IE7 becoming un-clickable reported by users, have you recently installed any add-ons? Maybe try to remove IE7 and reinstall. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177)

Thanks Davis,No right click either, the esc key doesn't have any effect when trying to cancel the initial "Start" menu either (which is all I can get to on the desktop). It's always after I close IE7, which is why I suspect IE. No add-ons to the OS that I can think of, other than the MS updates.Thanks for the MS support link, much appreciated. Bruce.PS. I always like your posts to see the latest sig images :)

Guest wayupthere

Hey Bruce,Yeah just re-install Explorer..most likely that something went FUBAR ;)Hehe thanks, yeah I change sigs every now and then, habit from other boards, Promo Promo ;)