Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

anyone see this on the front page..

Guest DanWalloch

What do you think of the reverse/feather detent? Also could you post a pic of the throttles to compare the size to your hand. Ad pics are always hard to tell the true size of throttles.

Guest dfoulk

When you calibrate the axis in Win-XP, the reverse/feather detent is not functional, so it looks like the setting for other software. The setting is not functional in X-Plane either.Before I use the 2 quadrants in FS, I will have to investigate that module. I will have to go to the Saitek site and see if they say anything about the quadrants and their operation. I have not read anything in their manual about the reverse.

Guest dfoulk

Hey Mad dog:-) I had figured that was what was needed. I don't have it yet as I had not needed it before I got the throttle quads.Thanks for the confirmation of my hunch!Regards,Den

Guest DanWalloch

Anyone get their hands on one yet? The only two reviews out there had nothing but good stuff to say.

Guest baksteen33

Hi Den, my late happy birthday wishes. Many, many returns. Thanks for all the feedback, appreciated. Did I get it properly that FSUIPC is a must-have to use all the functions? Kind regards Jaap

Guest ticosimmer

I already tried it outIt is just great LOLFar better than the ch products one. It came to hit the marketIt feels more much "hidraulic" has many nice features..It is also smoother, behaves betterI 100% recomend it. And it is not expensiveCheers

Guest dfoulk

Thank you Sir!As far as I can determine, you need the FSUIPC to have the functionality of both throttles in FS. Without it, FS will only recognize 1 of the throttles.My experience with the throttles and FS is quite limited, as I have been using them in X-Plane, and there, they work just fine, without the need for any additional software.I may give FSX a try later with the throttles, but initially I was sort of put off by the need to buy additional software just to get them to work with FS. Aside from that, the throttles are quite nice, and after I ironed out the problems I was having in callibrating them, I have been quite delighted with the purchase. For some reason, I could not get the throttles to recognize more than 50% of the lever travel with the Saitek software, or in other words, with the Saitek software, 50% of travel on the handle gave you 100% of engine throttle, instead of 50% as it should have. That made them way too touchy. When I got rid of the Saitek software, and callibrated the throttles in Windows XP, they worked perfectly. Best regards,Den

Guest baksteen33

Hi Den, great comments. Agree fully, normal driver support is excellent whilst Saitek's calibration software also gave me more grief than joy. Oh well... :-) Apparently, their hardware support is good too: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...15371&mode=fullNice to learn these kind of things. I would love to give X-Plane a go again, but no time. Be well and kind regards Jaap