Sign in to follow this  
Qantas81

Best Settings For ATI Radeon X850XT For FS9?

Greetings,I was wondering if anyone out there still using this graphics card, would be so kind to share their most reliable settings for FS9.It would be much appreciated if you could also include the driver version that you are also currently using.The reason I am asking is because my current display quality in FS9 seems to be way off to what I have been used to in the past.Thankyou.Regards,Ralf..

Flight Simulator - MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 Pro |  HDD - 1 x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVME M.2 (OS) - 1 x WD Blue 1TB NVME M.2 (Software) - 1 x WD Blue (SMR) 2TB 3.5 SATA (Storage) | Main Board - MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK | CPU - AMD Ryzen 7, 5800X (3.8Ghz) Un-clocked | RAM - 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB DDR4 3600Mhz | Video Card - MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X TRIO 10GB Monitor - SAMSUNG 49" LC49RG90 ULTRAWIDE | VR Headset - HP Reverb G2 |  Case - Corsair 5000D Airflow | CPU Cooling - Corsair ICUE H115i Elite Cappelix 280MM | Power Supply - Gigabyte AORUS AP850GM 850W 
Controls - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke & Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant + Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition + CH Products Pro Pedals 

f70zmw-6.png

Guest baksteen33

Hi Ralf, what was the past? Can't you roll back? Cheers and kind regards Jaap

>Hi Ralf, what was the past? Can't you roll back? >>Cheers and kind regards >>Jaap Hi Jaap (thanks for your reply).What I mean by "the past" is that my graphics never used to "shimmer" and the aircraft I now fly seem to have "jagged edges" that are visible from certain angles.I usually update my driver when a new one is released (I know this is probably not the wise thing to do).Regards,Ralf..

Flight Simulator - MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 Pro |  HDD - 1 x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVME M.2 (OS) - 1 x WD Blue 1TB NVME M.2 (Software) - 1 x WD Blue (SMR) 2TB 3.5 SATA (Storage) | Main Board - MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK | CPU - AMD Ryzen 7, 5800X (3.8Ghz) Un-clocked | RAM - 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB DDR4 3600Mhz | Video Card - MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X TRIO 10GB Monitor - SAMSUNG 49" LC49RG90 ULTRAWIDE | VR Headset - HP Reverb G2 |  Case - Corsair 5000D Airflow | CPU Cooling - Corsair ICUE H115i Elite Cappelix 280MM | Power Supply - Gigabyte AORUS AP850GM 850W 
Controls - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke & Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant + Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition + CH Products Pro Pedals 

f70zmw-6.png

Guest wayupthere

Hi Ralph,Can't you go back and download the last Catalyst that worked fine for you? And are you currently running any GPU graphics-tweak program?

Hi Davis,The only "tweak" program I am running is called "ATI Tool"Regards,Ralf..

f70zmw-6.png

Guest wayupthere

Hi Ralph,Oh ok, well have a look at RivaTuner.. have a search and see if its compatible with your catalyst version. Maybe that one can help a bit more with display issues. But, as before, can't you go back to your last working fine catalyst?

Greetings Davis,All sorted out now.I removed my old driver and installed "Driver Cleaner" and deleted my FS9.cfg file.I then installed an old driver (version 5.9 from October 2006) and my display has returned to being awesome.Must of have been to many old driver files lying around ?Thanks for your help.Regards,Ralf..

f70zmw-6.png

Guest wayupthere

Hi Ralph,Good to hear, yeah, btw don't forget to re-install directx after your driver install ;)