Sign in to follow this  

taxi to gate

After landing I never get the option from ground to taxi to the gate. My only options are taxi to the runway or to parking. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks.Dick

You need to be using an IFR flight plan. Also, you need to have just exited the runway after an ILS approach.

Guest freequest

No you dont need to do a IFR flight plan just land and when you leave the taxiway you will be told to contact ground then you will get your gates option that is if the airport has gates some large ones dont... then i suppose you have to use AFCAD (i think) and add some :)Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong...http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

IFR plan is not necessary. Apart from having no actual "gates" at the airport in FS2002, another possiblity is that if your aircraft (e.g. a 747) is too large for a small or medium gate, for example, you will not get the option of taxiing to the gate if the only gates the airport has are small and/or medium.Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

Guest RobK

You also won't have the option to taxi to the gates if there are several AI aircraft parked at all of the gates. There have been a few times when I only had the option to taxi to the active runway. I sat and waited for a while. Eventually a couple of parked AI aircraft requested to taxi to the active runway for departure. Right after those AI aircraft pulled away from the gates I was finally given the option to taxi to the gates.Rob

To kind of answer everyone's comments and I appreciate them very much. I'm flying a Dreamfleet 737 on IFR. After leaving the runway I immediately contact ground and as I said my choices are taxi to parking or runway. I have used AFCAD to installed Richard Mohammed's gates at every airport he's made them for and that's many. Most major airports have around 50 or 60 gates. I have ATC set at 100 and perhaps all the gates ARE full. I'll try reducing the ATC setting and see what happens. I needed to do that anyway. Thanks again all.Dick

try to take the parking option. maybe then atc will guide you to a gate anyway.....

All gates are being used up. Install an Afcad with more gates or lower ai traffic.

Well, I just landed at KSFO with ATC set at 60 percent. I can see open gates all over the place. After contact with ground I have two options. (1) Taxi to runway. (2) Taxi to parking or gates. When I select number 2 I get "taxi to parking" with no gates option. When I select taxi to parking I'm directed to General Aviation. In other words, nothing has changed with open gates. Dick

hmmm....what kinda aircraft u using???? as you have to have a minimum wingspan (located in the .air file) to get to certain gates...

Using a Dreamteam 734. There were other 73's next to open gates.

If anyone cares, I thought I would post the solution to this query.When importing the AFCAD airports (I mentioned in the beginning I was using Richard Mohammad's gates) all gates are designated parking. I had to open the airports with AFCAD, change 1/2 of the gates from parking to gates. Then I once again had the option of taxiing to the gate. Thanks for all who contributed.Dick