Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

CPU overclocking?

Guest over and out

Hi all,Can anyone suggest a good method or if it is even recommended to try overclocking the CPU. It's easy with a a graphics card, like the ATI but I have done a little reading and overclocking the CPU looks to be a little more involved.I see there are some freeware utilities etc to use.For those of us trying to squeeze every drop of power out of their aging systems this may be an option. I read for example that you can get a normal 3ghz up to 3.6 or more GHz. This seams like a great way to power up? Since FS9 is CPU based and not video card based?

Guest wayupthere

Hi JSC,Have a look here, very active place with nice people on the forums. http://www.overclock.netIts a nice way to up the power, but many factors are involved as to how far a chip can go. Again have a look at that site. And just be careful with what you do, its alot easier to fry a CPU than a GPU.

Guest over and out

Thanks for the info guys.I'm just wondering if I should even do it?

Well if your happy with your system performance now then you can alwaysgo by the old adage " If it ain't broke don't fix it."A lot depends on your MOBO and the options it offers for OC.Craig