Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Best LCD monitor for FS?

Hi guys, do you have any suggestions as to the best LCD monitor for FS that supports 1600x1200 resolution.?I was looking at the Viewsonic VP2130B but is a 8ms response time fast enough?

Guest wayupthere

Hi Ed,In general, 8ms panels made by known brand companies are ok, at that response time you'll get around 125FPS without issues meaning no severe ghosting and blurring in fast action games.. As to widescreens (should you want one) they give strechted gauges in 2D but im sure you are already aware of that.However if you have good very good eyesight, meaning you work alot with Video you might find ghosting to still be an issue depending on what program/game is running.Again for the untrained eye its ok, and even for FS its fast enough, but personally id opt for a little bit faster in the range 4-6ms, but thats just me.Viewsonic is a good brand, as is Samsung, LG and BenQ, in anycase maybe have a look here, they just did a test between several LCD displays. Have a look here, they just updated the monitor test section,Maybe you can broaden your choice, more choices is almost always a good thing.http://www.behardware.com● One important piece of info, stay away from the Twisted Nematic LCDs, also know as TN Panels, as the majority still copes with relatively poor viewing angles.

I bought the Viewsonic VP2130B and I am very very pleased with it!It is a very professional monitor and as a 2D panel lover the 1600 x 1200 resolution is perfect. Highly recommended by moi! :-kewl

Was thinking of buying it also, should replace my old trusty Samsung CRT. I just hated always how usual TN-Film panels looked like, FS also looked always terrible on them - compared to CRT.So, since you now have the monitor I would like to get, can you tell me how does it compare to CRT (concerning smoothness of the picture), and how does it compare to usual TN-Film panels from Samsung and similar...?1600x1200 is also very important for me.