Sign in to follow this  
Touradg

180 degrees projectors!

Hi friends,I would like to know if there are any kinds of projector which provide 180 degree of viewing angle. Normally we have to use 3 projectors for that. One for front, one for left and one for right.Can we have all of them in one projector. For example a projector with three VGA input which merge and produce one image with 180 degree angle?Something like what we have inside CAE simulators but commercially available for us.(price is not important)happy landingstouradg

Iransim Administrator

Microsoft Flight Simulator Add-on Developer Since 1998

Robert Goddard said: It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

Guest baksteen33

Hi Touradg, maybe one of those Matrox TH2G thingies? Kind regards Jaap

Hi jaapThanks for reply.No not like this it still needs three outputs (monitor or projector).things I am looking for is exactly in reverse order. You have three inputs and one out put which create a 180 degree picture.I mean instead of three monitor (in this case projector) we use one projector which creates a curved output. I don't know if I can explain well.touradg

Iransim Administrator

Robert Goddard said: It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

It can be done but it is very expensive. Generally you need to project onto a curved screen - 180 degrees can be done with one special projector and with three you can even get 360 degrees. You also then need some software that prevents distortion... Google for "180 degree projector" and I'm sure you'll find some results - don't say I didn't warn you about the price though ;-)Geoff

Hi Geoff,as i said no problem with price.would you please name the company or model of that special projector? I didn't find anything which is commercially available!!touradg

Iransim Administrator

Hinice link.i found Elumens Vision Station which is exactly what i wanted.the price 20000 $.thank you

Iransim Administrator