Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flybyme

2 monitors or a single bigger one..???

Guest Flybyme

Ciao,I need a suggestion....I have a used 8800 GTX 760Mb...and 2 monitors, 1 Sony 19" and a Acer 17"...Resolution 1280x1024.If I add the Acer so i can use it (i.e. for FMC,CHARTS and other..)togheter with the SOny, will this reduces a lot of the grafic card performances?If yes, isn't it better I get a 22" instead?But I like the idea of using 2 monitors...;o)The fan of this (used) GTX is quite noisy and fast...only few times it goes slow..can it be that the GTX is ruined?Is there a way I can discover if this card has been overclocked or it has been heated..???THanx

I think it's the good idea of one big really good quality monitor, like 20" or 21". And for the charts, and other apps, a small 17" one on the side. That's what I'm planning to get.My2cents.

Guest Flybyme

Infact...So you will have a 20 or 22" for the cockpit and the 17" for charts or gauges?Will the video card effort it???Is what I need to know...if my GTX or card in general use lots of performance when connected to 2 monitors...Let me know if u have an idea...ThanxPAco

Guest wayupthere

Some say go multiple monitor (triple or more), other say go for one really big. I went for one really big one with a small 24 for charts and stuff. But its up to you what you like in the end.As to your GTX it can handle dual monitors just fine, as long as your card is fine. The fan spinning faster/slower is normal since its speed is regulated by the heat sensor. The hotter it gets the faster it spins, so that part is normal.One way to see if your card is ok, download 3dmark, http://www.futuremark.com run it and see what score you end up with, and see if it can complete all tests. If it doesn't complete the test check you event manager and see what error pops up.Another way is to download Ntune, and have a look at your temerature of your card when doing nothing, and when your playing a game.Usually at/around idle temps your GTX should be about/around 65C and under load 80-90C. (this ofcourse depends ALOT on your case+airflow in it). The throttle-down limit is 127C, so that also can give you some insight what your card is doing temp wise.

PAco- I just posted a reply about multi monitors in the Home Cockpit Forum. It describes my triple monitor setup for the PMDG 747. A synchronized 180

Guest Flybyme

I have no idea on how 3Dmark works...so I'll try to use nTune...Thanx for the suggestions!!!By the way do u know if when I don't use the 2nd monitor i should:-switch it offor-go in Nvidia control panel and set "use single monitor"...????Don't want that the GTX uses more performance if the 2nd monitor is off..Thanxx

If you've got a second monitor working- why turn it off? Set up all your planes/flights to use both mons! Two monitors are better than one. And three better than two :)Alex Reid CYYJ

Guest Flybyme

What I ment was "when I don't use the FS" I don't use neither the 2nd monitor so what should I do:-just switch it offor-change the setting on nVidia control pannel to "1 monitor" and then switch it off?Wouldn't be very smart to have the GTX working on both monitors if,in that moment, I'm not using the 2nd.;o)Thanx

Sorry- misunderstood. If not using a second monitor, just turn it off.The additional monitor is just an extension to your Desktop- allows you to have multiple documents on display for example while typing a letter or report. Or you could have My Pictures open on #2 to select a pic and drag it as an attachment to the Email you are typing on #1. You could drag a phrase or paragraph from one to the other, or have several displays of tech info available at one time. Editors, stock brokers use multi monitors. Once you get two of them working, I'd be willing to bet you will start thinking about #3 ! And a 180

Guest wayupthere

Just turn it off Paco, the amount used by the GPU afterwards is neglectable, to bare nothing.>>And a 180

Guest Flybyme

Infact I tried to set "use 2 monitors as 1"...and the view is squashed...what a shame...I guess that for this tipe of view we need Triplehead2Go..Ok, I just switch off the monitor when not in use..Thnaxxx

Hi Davis- No distortion when you correct View Angle to compensate for whatever bezel widths you have. Then the horizons are all fully synchronized in roll and pitch! The result is exactly the same as the view thru' your car windshield- the posts/pillars don't really affect the 180

Guest Flybyme

Wowww looks cool...Haow do u manage to ahve that visual on 3 monitors?TripleHead2go or what?Please xplain...I have 2 monitors and if i set the Nvidia control pannel to have 1 view on 2 monitors...I get a squashed immage...Thanx

My setup uses 3 video cards, each one powering a monitor. To get multiple views, you need your Windows Desktop extended across your monitors so that the mouse cursor can go straight across all monitors as if it was one big one. That's done in Display/Settings. At the bottom of that page there are tick boxes to this effect. If your monitors are alive there should also be schematic pics of each mon for you to drag and position on this page.It is my understanding that TH2GO works well for virtual but not 2D cockpits- these end up with oval gauges. TH2GO takes only the 90

Guest wayupthere

Hey Alex,Yeah i know no distortion image wise, i meant that i just hate the bezels distorting/cutting the view.. :)