Sign in to follow this  
Guest ramonesg

Ati X850XT PE

Guest ramonesg

Hello all, Im having some problems with my ATI X850XT PE PCI. I Have a P4 3.2HT, 3gb ram and Im not getting the perfomance that I want. I read that I need to uninstall drivers then rebot then star in safe mode with the driver cleaner and in normal mode install new drivers reinstall directx rebot and delete the cfg. But im not getting the prformance that I expect with my 3gb PC5300 DDR2 667MHZ. Thanks guys for you help.Giorgio.ati2kv2.jpgipvc6.gifboeingfanuserbar2da9.pngcessnapilotzw5.jpg

Guest wayupthere

Hello Giorgio.You are correct about the driver install procedure, but...Need some more info. What are you Operating System running? XP, Vista?.What version are you running of flight-simulator, and at what resolution are you running it?Regards,

Guest wayupthere

Ok, so im still not sure now.... With you saying >>>"your not getting expected performance", what are you actually expecting?.. are you having stutters, CTDs, slow loading, low FPS etc...? Also as to >>>"But im not getting the performance that I expect with my 3gb PC5300 DDR2 667MHZ." you lost me there, what issue you have with your DDR?Are you overclocking your system?, Overclocking your DDR?

Guest ramonesg

No everthing is normal without overclock the problem is that Im getting only like 25FPS in SEA with the default cessna everything is full I mean the AA in the sim is disabled andd the traffic too, so I dont know I think that is a good ystem to run FS9.Thanks,Giorgio.ati2kv2.jpgipvc6.gifboeingfanuserbar2da9.pngcessnapilotzw5.jpg

Guest wayupthere

Well if the problem is only low FPS and nothing else (you have tried other drivers?).In all fairness, the 850 isn't a monstercard anymore, its still good don't get me wrong, but running a high resolution with full AA/AF (how high are your AA/AF settings?) combine that with full dense scenery can bring FPS down.Tried playing with your AA/AF and reducing res yet?.

Guest ramonesg

I have it at 4x and 16X. Drivers, 5.8 I read that were the best drivers for this card. 7

Guest wayupthere

Yes, the 5.8s are really nice ones. But yes, play around with RivaTuner or TrayTools and tweak your display settings. Also back off with settings inside FS and you should be able to expect some increase in FPS.Overclocking your GPU is good, but only do it if you KNOW what your doing, even then still don't expect miracles FPS boost either.The only real miracle FPS cure for FS is still a CPU Upgrade.