Sign in to follow this  
Guest titibou

antialiasing and shimmering prob

Guest titibou

Hello,Ive got a problem with shimmering textures and antialiasing in FS9 ,FSX and other games.FS9 original sceneries: ground textures and autogen (not the trees)are shimmering when aircrafts movesFS9 add on like aerosoft:ground shimmering no antialiasing on surface marked taxiways and transparant buildings like terminalsFSX same problemmy computer specs:Motherboard:Extreme striker asuscpu:E6850 3GHZmemory:4GIG corsair 6400graphic:9800GTX sparkleOS:Vista32ultimatemonitor AcerAL2423W native resolution 1900X1200 60hzI have read a lot of forum and no answers to my problem Im using Nhancer with 163.69 nvidia driver with these settings at 1900X1200X32 resolution in FSSupersampling:16xSGamma ONsuper ONAF 16XNegative lodbias ClampFS9=trilinear on and AA on(i have tried all the settings on off)Would you please help me to find a solution to this problem ?Thank you

Unfortunately and unlikely to "find" the problem.As far as I hear (I was also searching for the solution to it), shimmering is a thing that has something to do with resolution, pixels etc.Only thing you can keep trying is different drivers, see if there are some that work out better.Keep in mind that lower MipMap (FS9) settings, less shimmering. Also try different settings with SS, AA and AF, also combinations, one off, and observe what's happening. Soon enough you will find the best settings that works half-way for you.Mine are 4 for MipMap (which is almost on everyone's PC), AA 6x and AF 16x and no Adaptive Antialiasing (using ATI), which only decreases performance, but doesn't improve the picture THAT much. Although, Adaptive AA is a similar feature as SS, so that is why you should test with different SS settings. I heard 4xS works good for some...Have fun experimenting!

Guest wayupthere

Hi there,Welcome to the forums first off.In Nhancer, have you removed all pre-made settings? And have you created a profile for each individual game that you are running, or do you have one global profile for all games?Regards,

Guest titibou

first thank you for your answers,how do you remove pre-made settings in nhancer? In my version 2.3.1 ,it seems impossible.I have created 1 profile per game.i would like to add that the ground textures and buildings textures are blinking like i ve seen in your post Mr Word Not Allowed .i tried to remove this problem with DXtweaker supersamling but didnt work.I have try to change OS by returning to XP pro same problem and by changing my card (previous one 7900GTX) with new drivers ,same problemwhat do you think,please?my directx is from august 07 ,last from microsoftand the blinking problem increase with distance on both FSthank you

Sadly, I have no other recommendations for you. Only that I have been living with it since beginning I believe - or to be honest, I think it appeared with X800 series of cards. I don't remember noticing it on my old Radeon 9700. Basically, I've been researching this field too long now. Time to do some serious flying :)