Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flybyme

Changing my 8800GTX with an ATI card

Guest Flybyme

Ciao,I'm having problems with Nvidia drivers...seems that they go in conflict with the IVAP module (I get the FS9 screen splitted in 2 and the lower part freezes)...So they suggested me to change my video card Nvidia with an ATI.The ATI drivers seems don't give problems to the IVAP module.Wich card can u suggest me that has performances similar to the GTX?I use 2 monitors...INTEL Q6600 CORE 2 QUAD 3.00Ghz 8Mb DI CACHE - FSB 1066MhzAlo 630W supersilentM.BOARD ASUS S775 P5K + gigalan Intel P35Front side bus 1333 Mhz 8800 GTX 760MbRAM 2Gb DDR2 833Mhz in dual channelHARD DISK MAXTOR DIAMOND 10 160Gb SATA2 3.00Gb/secSony 19" 4/3 non wide 1280x1024Acer 17" A1722 1280x1024XP Pro 32 BitFS2004737 and 747 PMDG777 and 757 PSSLevel-D 767ASVItaly pack

Basically, there is nothing "similar" to 8800 GTX. By the speed that is. For FS9, its not really important to have 8800 GTX though. It's not being used anyway (to its full potential)...Just as a sidenote, I had X850XT, then changed to X1950XTX, a much faster card by design, and noticed *NO* difference in speed in FS9.So, just get HD2900XT, which is also cheaper than 8800GTX, that is the fastest card right now (I think) by ATI, which will surely give you the same performance in FS9.

Guest wayupthere

>>So, just get HD2900XTThats a bit quick to say, there are more things to keep in mind GPUwise at the moment. Looking at resolution wise 1280 that Paco is running, the 8800GTX was already overkill, let alone a 2900XT. Also note that with the 2900XT the PSU also becomes an VERY important item, specially when it comes to ATI Overdrive.Paco, before jumping the gun on ANY GPU right now, keep in mind that upcoming cards will be able to support DX10.1 Current GPUS don't.While it will be a while before games come round that require it, GPUS dont come cheap, so might as well go with a lower card (intrim, since most of FSX is CPU bound to start with), And down the road invest into a monster GPU?

Guest Flybyme

So wich card would you suggest me at the moment?Thought 8800 GTX was one of the fastest card..when I use FS9 on 3d Cockpit and have rain outside...FS9 doesn't go smoothly...infact I can't even use trackir...Is this due to the weather (too heavy settings) or my GTX???Thanx endeedCiao