Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flybyme

When raining FS9 doen't goes smooth...

Guest Flybyme

Ciao,If I'm on the APron with 3d cockpit and I've got rain, FS9 doesn't goes smoothly...infact can't use Trackir either.Frame rate remain still on 28/30...(blocked at 30)..Is this due to the graphic card or the weather too "heavy" on fs..???INTEL Q6600 CORE 2 QUAD 3.00Ghz 8Mb DI CACHE - FSB 1066MhzAl 630W supersilentM.BOARD ASUS S775 P5K + gigalan Intel P35Front side bus 1333 Mhz 8800 GTX 760MbRAM 2Gb DDR2 833Mhz in dual channelHARD DISK MAXTOR DIAMOND 10 160Gb SATA2 3.00Gb/secSony 19" 4/3 non wide 1280x1024Acer 17" 1280x1024XP Pro 32 BitFS2004737 and 747 PMDG777 and 757 PSSLevel-D 767ASVItaly pack

Guest wayupthere

Hi Paco,Firstly, i recieved you email, will reply to that shortly.As to your current issue, can you be a bit more specific?You state it doesn't go smoothly, so I am assuming your FPS is going down, however you that they don't change? Im a little confused..Do you mean when using TrackIR when you move your head, you cant pan around?Regards,

Guest Flybyme

It happens only when I've got rain....I'm on 3d cockpit and set Trackir...If I move my head..the visual doesn't move smoothly..but "piece by piece"..hope u understand..Other example..the rain fall down with very short brakes..If I see a bus on the apron moving , it stops for a very short while and then continues..Strange thing is that the frame rate remain still on 28/30..they don't go down..Weird thing...maybe the (weather setting too hight) or it's a GPU problem..?Thanx for your answers...ciaoPAco

Guest wayupthere

If everything runs fine other than TrackIr, Id have a look in trying to reinstall the TrackIr drivers, likely also reinstall your GPU drivers+DirectX. Also, I am assuming your are NOT running any other CPU/HD intensive resources in the background right? You do turn unnecessary services off right?You never got back to me on your GPU testing, so Im assuming hardwarewise your GPU is fine, But again it can still be your card also if everything else meaning driver installs fail to resolve your issues.

Guest Flybyme

Ciao Davis,thanx endeed for you patiance and help...I'm really disappointed, just spent lots of money on this CPU and GPU and still don't manage to get my FS working perfectly...I discovered that Nvidia drivers aren't compatible with IVAP module..so need to resize FS window and can't use it on windowed mode..Now this problem when I got rain...What will I do next is disinstall these Nvidia 163.74 beta drivers and install the 163.75 ones...and try again to see what happens..You think i should re-install the directX 9.c?On the back ground I've usually WinMx, ServInfo, ASV6, MSN...By the way on the screenshot I sent u, u can't see the very short "freezing" i get...of course..:((PAco

Guest wayupthere

Hi Paco,Yes you really do not want to use BETA drivers to start with, get stable ones and always reinstall DirectX after each time you update your GPU drivers.As to services if WinMX you stated is the P2P thing, then definatly turn that off you don't want you harddrive being accessed when also using flightsim. Turn all unnecessary things/services off, that are not related to FS to get the best performance.As to that screenshot, you have me a bit confused, by bottom part of the screen,do you mean the actual panel that gets cut in half, or do you mean the undocked windows like your pedestal, radiostack etc?...

Guest Flybyme

Ciao DAvis,nice to see your response, u're the only one who's giving me an help..:()I solved the problem of the screen splitted in 2....it's a bug of Nvidia drivers when I activate IVAP..The only solution is on NOT using FS9 in "windowed mode"...Infat ONLY in this way I've got everYthing functionning..also Nhancer...;o)On my old PC (amd 2800 1,8Ghz 64 Athlon with GPA SAppire RAdeon 9800XT)I used to have ALL the programs and add-on I've got now on this new machine...I use to have in the background WinMx,MSN and other while flying...but nevere had this "not smooth" problem whit rain..So that now I've got this super machine I can't use the backgrond programs I had before?Naaa...can't be this...Someone told could be a "swap problem"..with the "rain" texture...Can this be?Thanx again Davis...;o)

Guest Flybyme

I tried to use 3D MArk with default settings and Nhancer on..I got these results:with drivers 163.74 BetaScore 11796Sm2.0 4604HAR/Sm3 4830CPU 4229with drivers 158.22 CertifiedScore 12554 but with Nhancer disabledwith drivers 163.75 BetaScore 12711SM2.0 5183HAR/Sm3 5123CPU 4726In conclusion I think that these last drivers are much more performant than the other 2 versions.Thas the score of 12711 means that the GPU is on shape and working very good?So the "not smooth " effect while raining on FS9 isn't a gpu problem?Maybe the settings on FS9 or ASV6..are too strong..Thanx

Guest wayupthere

Hi Paco,No problem, ok so you have solved your TrackIr issue, correct?.Everything is working now.. no problems with the screen freezes anymore?The reason why i told you to stop using it, is because i want you to test drive your system when all unnecessary services are turned off.FS by itself, as other games/programs use the OS-Swapfile, to cache certain amounts of data, now WinMX, if you are downloading something, is also writing to your disk, I just wanted to know if you, when you ONLY run FS encounter the same issues. Meaning NO other programs are accessing your disk when FS is running.

Guest Flybyme

Ciao Davis,Yes, it seems everything is fine now..Thanx endeed...!!!!;o)PAcoP.S. Haven't receive your e-mail...:((

Guest wayupthere

No problems,Glad things are OK on your end,Resend the email to your "virgilio" account.Regards,