Sign in to follow this  
acmech

QUESTION For Davis Takanawa

Davis Takanawa,Could you please answer this question---> With such a state of the art system (gaming rig/and your cooling system is nothing short of amazing!) Could you please let us know how it performs in fs9 and fsx? I want to know if blurries still occur or the lag in a texture not showing up rightaway in say 3d cockpit mode with 100% traffic in a detailed addon scenery area.I myself use fs9 still because all of my addons. Many of us may not even have your type of set up for years to come.I look forword in reading your response.Thank you

Guest wayupthere

Hello acmech,Thanks for your kind words, with FS9 I can be pretty short, everything is running full, no lag in texture-loading whatsoever, same goes for the blurries, no negative effects, although that comes after tweaking the CFG. and having luck with the Nvidia drivers.FSX Im able to run on the Global-High setting, other than that no issues either although when I fly in very dense areas with a demanding add-on it still puts rather of a strain on the system, still flyable but I do notice the loss in overall performance lowest sofar I've seen it go is around 20-25FPS running unlocked FPS.Hopefully SP2 will be a welcoming patch having the utilization of the Quad cores in mind.

Davis,Thanks for answering the questions. Would you be so kind as to share your fs9 config file setting with us?:-bigangel

Guest ianrivaldosmith

That system is a millionaires dream, simply amazing and I can only dream on! Would cost at least

Guest wayupthere

Hi Amech, Ian,Ya Amech, when I get home (am currently on the road), should be in a day or two, weekend at the latest, I'll post the CFG settings.@Ian, the cooling you can do by yourself, its a very nice piece of hard-ware and easy to set-up assuming you ARE handy with computers ;)Regards,