Sign in to follow this  
Guest sunbear

Saitek Pro Rudder system

Guest sunbear

Purchased these rudder pedals from The Nerds.net on May 02, 2007 and the left pedal has hung up. If I put the right pedal forward, the left pedal will then move very freely and when I let go of both pedals, they are not centered. Something is hanging the mechanism up and I wander what I can do to make it right. Also, Is there a warranty with these pedals as I have the orginal paperwork from TheNerds.net on the purchase of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. jack

Guest Staggerwing

Jack,I don't own them, but see Saitek has two year Limited warranty on all their products.Looking at the on-line manual, I also see they have a tension adjustment between the pedals, I'd move this it's full range several times while moving the pedals full range and see it it UNsticks. Also, is there a way that dirt/dust can get in the top of the unit ? Perhaps they are just dirty in the tracks and needs cleaned and lubed. (careful what lube you use, ask Saitek)See their site for info on returns under warranty if you really think they are broken. Saitek sounds like they are very proud of the quality and workmanship in their products so should respond to your needs.Of course, if you've already taken them apart, you have no warranty I'd say.Others might have experience with the same problem and will reply with a quick fix so I'd hold off doing anything for a few days and check back here.

Guest sunbear

Staggerwing,I just now found out from the Saitek forum that others are experiencing this sticking/hung-up problem and it is appears to be a design flaw with the slider mechanism that comes off the track inside the unit.I emailed their tech support in hopes of returning the unit for repair and/or replacement at 'No Chg' as I purchased them on May 02 of this year.I'll let this forum know of the results of my email when I receive them from Saitek.Regards & thanks for the quick response.jack

Guest sunbear

As mentioned in my previous posting, I have since received a reply regarding my rudder problems. Saitek emailed me and told me the following: "Saitek products are warranted for 2 years from date of purchase (with the exception of refurbished units which have a 30 day warranty-. See the product manual for specifics concerning the warranty. Saitek will repair or replace your product with the same or similar product, at our option. To obtain repairs under this warranty, send the product postage prepaid along with dated proof of purchase (invoice, receipt) to: Saitek Industries2295 Jefferson StreetTorrance, CA. 90501When returning the product for repair/exchange, please pack it very carefully, preferably using the original packaging materials. You MUST include an explanatory note along with the RMA number clearly denoted on the note and on the outside of the package."I hope this helps others on this forum with similar problems involving the Saitek Pro rudder pedals.Regards,jack