Sign in to follow this  
Ultrasweatproof

Need some serious help...

Awhile back I bought a NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB Video card to improve FPS. Now I get liquid smooth play with 100% AI, and just about every addon you can think of. The problem now though is one that has plagued many FS users without a solution. Anywhere from 5 minutes to 8 hours into a flight the toolbar disappears at the top and a black bar appears at the bottom of the screen. Hitting the ALT key ultimately freezes FS for awhile before i can finally exit it. This problem has basically rendered FS useless in my opinion. Now my question is is there anything I can do as far as hardware is concerned to fix this problem? I believe it is a hardware problem becuase while using add-on panels and virtual cockpits parts of the panels disappear. While panning through the various views the toolbar flickers to. I have re-installed my card and searched for updated drivers but there are none. Help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.

Guest wayupthere

Hello Ultra,Few questions,# FS9 or FSX?# Whats Windows version?# What GPU-driver version, and did you re0install DirectX after each GPU-Driver install?Furthermore,Are there any GPU related issues mentioned in your *Windows Event manager?*In XP: Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Then goto Event Viewer.*In Vista:Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Administrative Tools.And then goto Event Viewer.Regards,

Hey Wayupthere. Thanks for the reply. You helped me last time.1.) FS92.) Windows XP3.) How do I find the GPU Driver version? I installed the DirectX9.0 via the option on the Driver CD.I checked and there are error records but they do not say that they are GPU related.

Guest wayupthere

Hi Ultra,I did? Can't remember, the getting old is getting to me ;).Anyway, your driver version number should be in your Driver control panel. And as to DirectX. Forget about CD versions, they are mostly outdated specially with your older card. Goto Microsoft and go through the WGA and download the latest DirectX version.Regards,

To find out the GPU, just right click your mouse in a blank area of your desktop and look for anything in the menu that refers to display properties. There may also be an icon in the taskbar on the lower right of your screen. Either of these should bring up a control panel with all the information.You can also run from the Run Command in the start menu and type "dxdiag" (enter it without quotes) to bring up the Direct X diagnostic which will list the GPU and the version of DX you currently have and if there are any problems. Make sure you have version 9.0c.Get drivers either from your GPU manufacturer or Nvidia, not Microsoft update. I know that Nvidia has a WHQL driver for your card presently and be sure to uninstall the old driver before you install the new one. Nvidia has good instructions on their website for this procedure if you've never done it before, it can be tricky.Kim

So I downloaded the latest version of DirectX to 9.0c. I also downloaded the WHQL driver from Nvidia.My driver version is as fallows:MainDriver: nv4_disp.dllVersion: 6.14.0011.6371 (English)It says no problems are found.Could resolution have anything to do with this problem?

Guest wayupthere

Hmmm.... ok so driver-wise you seem to be in the clear.Lets have a look at another path, your GPU temp under load.When you are running FS, what temp is your card getting?.Regards,

Guest wayupthere

Morning Ultra, well morning here lol...Yeah start FS, but run window mode, dont pause it.. and read temps..

Morning Mr.Takanawa. It's evening here in Californias Bay area.While taxing at Uk2000's Gatwick Extreme in the Aerosim L1011 VC, I was getting a steady 52-55 degrees celcius before the problem happend again.

Guest wayupthere

No mister, makes me feel old :(Anyway.. hmmm temps are more than fine, so strange issue...perhaps try a re-install of FS..or a second install besides your current, just to see if with a virgin install you get the same thing?..Or have you already done that?... With a fresh install, does the issue persist?.Regards,

So i re-installed FS just like I had in the past, through all my main components back in like Acitvesky, recorder module, Active Camera, and DBS Walk and fallow in that order and after I installed each one I i would load FS to see how it was doing. After installing DBS Walk and fallow the symptoms would immediately return and only go away when i removed that program. I searched here on the forums and found out that some people have had problems with with a certain walk and fallow module causing the problem I spoke of. Needless to say I deleted one of the modules that I never use out of that program and the problem appears to be solved. Again I thank you for all of your help. Its been greatly appreciated.

Guest wayupthere

Glad its solved for you Ultra.. btw what module was it.. Would always be good to learn something new so I know for next time ;)Regards,

I deleted the module but there are only 3 modules that the program needs to work. Im going to have to say it was probabley named dbs.cockpitwalk.dll because the other modules are DBS.WalkAndFallow.dll and dbs.util.dll. Just remeber its the Cockpitwalk one.