QuestionDoes anyone have an opnion on whether a loaded 3ghz tower running bootcamp could run fsx . Is the fsx software able to take advantage of the large quad core processors that are available. I am buying the mac for music and video editing but If it can work for fsx it would be a bonus Also, do you think the mac and my pc could talk to each other using wideserver Peter K P.EngCF-MMZToronto Ontario CanadaPMDG 747,737and 747FLevel D 767

Guest wayupthere

Hello Peter,Have had FSX+SP1 bootcamped on my Dual-Quad to try, have since removed it, however it ran just fine with Vista, and usage showed a decent balance over the cores.Wideserver wouldn't know, never used it, it might work but just keep in mind that in general PC and Mac never went too good hand in hand.Regards,

>Hello Peter,>>Have had FSX+SP1 bootcamped on my Dual-Quad to try, have since>removed it, however it ran just fine with Vista, and usage>showed a decent balance over the cores.>>Wideserver wouldn't know, never used it, it might work but>just keep in mind that in general PC and Mac never went too>good hand in hand.>>Regards,>>thanks for the replySo how would you rate the fsx performance using your config under bootcamp compared to a up to date pc config.I know that is a difficult question but I am looking for a general idea on how it works. qualitative, fps , not a detailed assessment. Using the quad core were you able to max out the fsx elementsI want to buy a high end mac for music productions so I though I could take advantage of the high end processor capabilities.Thanks Peter

Guest wayupthere

Peter,For what I've noticed it runs far better than an up to date PC, but keep in mind I'm running TWO, Quad-core CPUs, but I would imagine with just a single Quad, it would still run on par with any high-end PC, on the market right now.Was able to raise its settings, with the exception of the eye-candy, since the MAC-GPU isn't a DX10 gaming-card.In any case you should be just fine running BC+MAC.Regards,